AR triggers

SEtoNWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got experience with all the options you mentioned. Last year I sold off all my drop-in (“cartridge”) triggers due to reliability issues, especially in the cold. I had a CMC 3.5lb flat, Timney Impact (worst one), and Rise 134. I LOVE the LaRue MBT2S. I think it’s 95% of a SSA-E at 50% the cost. All my “precision” or hunting builds will be getting MBT2S.

Others I’ve tried and like are the ALG ACT and BCM PNT for affordable enhanced mil-spec single stage upgrades. Heard good stuff about the SOLGW enhanced combat or whatever they call it.

I’d like to try the Schmid single and double-stage just to compare but otherwise I’m satisfied and likely won’t look elsewhere.

"I’d like to try the Schmid single".

You have. The ALG and BCM are branded Schmid triggers. So are the PSA EPT, SOLGW, and many others. Great for a hard use build, where precision isn't the highest priority.
The 2 stage are a completely different design of course, but available under many brand names:
Plus at least a few more

ElPollo

WKR
The issue with RRA 2-stage triggers is longevity with high round counts. They wear out and start failing. They were pretty common 20 years ago in certain places, but under use there were enough failures that they all got pulled and no longer used. They are a good feeling trigger, and for light’ish use are generally fine. However, with Larue 2-stage triggers being sub $100, and that they are solid under extremely heavy long term use, makes choosing them over the RRA with less reliability/longevity, easy.
Appreciate you sharing this info. I’m not going to run out and change mine because it frankly doesn’t get shot near as much as my bolt guns.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Appreciate you sharing this info. I’m not going to run out and change mine because it frankly doesn’t get shot near as much as my bolt guns.

Oh no. I wouldn’t either. In general for a lot of uses, they work great.