32 inch draw bows- any advice on what to check out?

Hi everyone- I’m upgrading my old z-9 and looking for any feedback from the long draw guys on the good/bad/ugly on what’s out there in 32 inch draw lengths? Any recommendations on a particular bow to check out? Thanks for the feedback.

horse43

FNG
Mathews Traverse, Hoyt double Xl, Hoyt ultras - RX/Helix, bowtech Bt-Mag X, Prime CT9 and PSE Beast. Those are basically your only options for new bows that I know of an researched.

String angle on the Traverse is good enough for me at 32", thats my current setup. Bowtech is backup.

Next hurdle, stiff enough arrow to run 31" arrows. You also won't be able to get high FOC with them.

After that, you have a lot more work cut out for you on form and execution as having that arrow traveling farther, faster, and longer makes it harder to repeat.

Another piece of advice, try to drop your draw length a 1/2" to see if you can get away with 31.5". Or cutting a few pounds off draw weight.

Every little bit will help!

The joys of being tall!

horse43

FNG
Should have mentioned I've had good luck with Black Eagle Spartans 250 and Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce Plantium 250. They seem to be stiff enough at 31" and 70# for me. Only stock inserts and 125g tips/heads

Also shooting a 32” Carbon Spyder 34ZTLD and shooting a 585gr 31.5” Easton axis 260 with 125gr head with insert/footer. I believe I’m doing 265fps last I checked.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Not sure if Expedition is making anything to 32" or not anymore but check them out too. You might be able to find a used PSE Freak SP. I shoot a Freak SP at 32 1/2" draw and 75lbs. As for arrows......I shoot both 200 and 300 spine arrows and they'll both tune just fine. I cut my arrows at 29.5-30" and they are 500-520gr depending on components.

I keep hearing good things about the Traverse for long draw shooters, but have never tried one.

Check out the brand new PSE bows, I know at least one of them is rated for 32” draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk