300 WSM or 300 PRC build ideas

They were highly regarded by Travis at TS Custom. At this point I'll likely finish this 300 prc build and then maybe next year look into a 20" sa or ma build.

Yeah…. I’m really wanting a SA or MA in 7mm. My wife has a custom 7 WSM but factory ammo is non existent as well as decent brass. At some point I’ll probably spin up a 6.5 prc barrel and let her hammer down on anything within 700 yards.

I built a 300 prc on a defiance anti x to cut weight. It a 9.7 pound rifle with nx8 4-32 and 26” barrel. A touch on the heavy side but will flat out shoot. It’s just over 1/4 moa and I’m shooting virgin brass and I haven’t even tried fine tuning loads. Barrel only has about 80 rounds through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
Maybe I missed it but what distances are you going to be shooting at realistically? A 20" 300WSM will kill Moose and Grizz just as dead as a PRC at the distances 99.9% of those animals are shot at. To that point the 300win mag will do it just the same. As someone else mentioned you are splitting hairs for again 99.9% of situations. For the most part "updated" is a marketing term anyways and a dead animal is a dead animal.

If I was building a custom gun I would go with something "completely" different caliber wise, especially since you have the 30cal covered. Go lighter recoil and light gun.

OP
C

Codyd336

FNG
Maybe I missed it but what distances are you going to be shooting at realistically? A 20" 300WSM will kill Moose and Grizz just as dead as a PRC at the distances 99.9% of those animals are shot at. To that point the 300win mag will do it just the same. As someone else mentioned you are splitting hairs for again 99.9% of situations. For the most part "updated" is a marketing term anyways and a dead animal is a dead animal.

If I was building a custom gun I would go with something "completely" different caliber wise, especially since you have the 30cal covered. Go lighter recoil and light gun.
I've settled on building this 300 PRC for now and then next year builder a shorter, lighter caliber set up. My current win mag and other Remington 700's will likely be sold.