Wrench

WKR
When I have to cross canyons or shoot long, I take a compass reading to get my degrees. I pull a range and take a picture. I shoot objects that I feel I should be able to find from the target......and flag the shot location to back shoot range.

It's easy to think you're there....not be there.

amassi

WKR
Maybe the bull didn't go down because .300 Win Mag has less power by that distance than some peoples' EDC handguns
Name 1
The 215 berger has 1500ft# at 1000 yards and is still traveling 1750 fps.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

When I have to cross canyons or shoot long, I take a compass reading to get my degrees. I pull a range and take a picture. I shoot objects that I feel I should be able to find from the target......and flag the shot location to back shoot range.

It's easy to think you're there....not be there.
A picture helps a bunch. Zoom in on the area, can usually pic out a snag or some sorta landmark to help guide you in.

Do that alot when hunting the rimrock. As it seems like those rocks damn near repeat themselves every 50 yards

I agree it could be where it was shot. I shot a deer at 50 yards with a slug gun near twilight and had a hard time piecing things together once down from my stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's something much more nefarious going on here.!!!

watched him for 5 or so minutes and took off after him, when I got there, nothing. No blood, no tracks I could see (ground was still frozen), searched all day and night yesterday, nothing.

I think his bull was stolen from the same guys who stole Snyder's bull!!!

OP should post on typical social media sites that someone stole his BOAL and team up with Jholis to find the perpetrators!

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
I made a product request to OnX YEARS ago to allow you to put an exact azimuth in the product from your current spot. SO many uses for that, including this one! Get it together ONX!!!!
Basemap has a thing kinda like this, called remote marker. Type in the distance to target, then put a mark where it was and go find it. Haven't used it personally just messed with it, but seems it would be really handy in a deal like this.

amassi

WKR
Basemap has a thing kinda like this, called remote marker. Type in the distance to target, then put a mark where it was and go find it. Haven't used it personally just messed with it, but seems it would be really handy in a deal like this.
You can also lazer range a series of poinys with the geovid pro 10x32 And drop them on basemaps.
Then take a yardage and shoot an azimuth and drop a pin at your current pos. Works great

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
What's the point of this thread?
My guess it was a stir the pot thing… but who knows? Dude was posting about shooting his saum out to 1k yards? Maybe he came looking for sympathy from other idiots? Also the pics he posted and how a “local” gave him a tip… it does stink of a troll, also he hasn’t replied at all. He was posting earlier in the year about drawing the flat tops tag and asking for spots, it could be real, which makes it all real sad