$2500ish 6.5 PRC

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
Fellow sliders:
I really can’t find a bad review on the Seekins element, weight is awesome and it sounds like it drives tacks with factory ammo.
I’m also curious on the Bergara new line of rifles, mountain 2.0 or Ridge and of course you always hear of the good ol Tikka.

With Seekins going for $2700 I start pushing into talking myself into more custom runs…..Alamo, Oregon. For a manageable amount more. But that manageable amount can go towards glass and I truly believe I will be the weak link in the equation from what I read of the rifles mentioned.

Any experiences or thoughts to help a brotha save a little coin!?

OP
Venator

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah they are darn nice looking rifle, currently on the shelf at my local scheels too. I noticed someone had just asked a similar question but had a fierce and a few others in mix. Couple responses included the waypoint. I’m not opposed to adding that to the list!

mt100gr.

WKR
Yeah they are darn nice looking rifle, currently on the shelf at my local scheels too. I noticed someone had just asked a similar question but had a fierce and a few others in mix. Couple responses included the waypoint. I’m not opposed to adding that to the list!
Have you read the Fierce Disaster thread on here? If you haven't, take a look!

Axlrod

WKR
Do you reload? 6.5 Prc chamber has issues if so . Factory ammo no issues.
I have an element in 6 Creed ( and a buddy has one to). My take is: hard to find a lighter rifle in that price range. Bolt is not smooth to and fro. Accuracy is not as good as any Tikka I have owned/shot. Stock is plastic like.

Samson7x

WKR
Do you reload? 6.5 Prc chamber has issues if so . Factory ammo no issues.
I have an element in 6 Creed ( and a buddy has one to). My take is: hard to find a lighter rifle in that price range. Bolt is not smooth to and fro. Accuracy is not as good as any Tikka I have owned/shot. Stock is plastic like.

Interesting, because my sample the bolt is smooth and accuracy is acceptable for a hunting gun. Groups 1/2-3/4” with 143 eldx.

They are both awesome. It really boils down to the rifle size you are looking for. I was excited when the Waypoint was in stock at my local Scheels. I handled both the Element and Waypoint and went with the Element based on size alone. I would like to have them both but the Waypoint is a traditional size and weight rifle in that class.

OP
Venator

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
After doing more research and looking at weights between waypoint and element I’d have to agree with NevadaMike. 7# to 5.5# at same price point, kinda steers me in a direction.
I do not reload so hopefully no chambering issue.
With the majority of the positive reviews regarding the element along with Seekins CS I just wanted to make sure there isn’t something I’m missing. Most rifles in that weight class are running TI actions and carbon stocks, pushing the 5k envelope.

+1 for elevation
I had an element and proof elevation. They are both great guns, but the element (6.5prc) came in right at 5.5lbs, the proof (20” 308) was 6lbs and some change. The elevations also just got a price increase. I think the element is the better deal, more than 1/2lbs less, still 5/8x24 for suppressor, better stock design…. both shot great though.

Weldor

WKR
Fierce CT Roque right at 5.4 lbs. in 6.5 prc. Accurate no issues with mine. way lighter than the Springfield.

Last edited:
Fellow sliders:
I really can’t find a bad review on the Seekins element, weight is awesome and it sounds like it drives tacks with factory ammo.
I’m also curious on the Bergara new line of rifles, mountain 2.0 or Ridge and of course you always hear of the good ol Tikka.

With Seekins going for $2700 I start pushing into talking myself into more custom runs…..Alamo, Oregon. For a manageable amount more. But that manageable amount can go towards glass and I truly believe I will be the weak link in the equation from what I read of the rifles mentioned.

Any experiences or thoughts to help a brotha save a little coin!?
You could get a havak ph2 and still have enough left over for 2 boxes of ammo😉

Weldor

WKR
understandable. I have 2 and no issues at all. But I know others are not so lucky.

eltaco

WKR
I went with a Seekins Element in 6.5PRC and couldn’t be happier. The rifle will shoot box loads with bullets touching at 100yds, I love the stock geometry, and I honestly don’t know what else competes on weight at the price point.