Seekins Rifles

IDVortex

WKR
Well, not the first, nor will it be the last time discussed. Looking into getting a 7PRC, looked at Seekins, Bergera, Savage and a Browning. Keep going back to Seekins as my first choice then Bergera.

Read a ton on the forum about seekins and can't find a single complaint on them, are they really that good? I like the Bergera, but boy, the seekins fit and finish is top notch, plus made in my state of Idaho!

I'm just trying to find the bad about them, trying to have a full understanding of them before I just drop the coin. From what I've researched, they're the best next to going fully custom, and I thought of that route until I held and played with a seekins, especially I have a shop locally that has a 7PRC in-stock.

So, are there things to hate on the Seekins? I'm looking at the Havak Element.

Thanks!

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
I have an element. Stock is stiff light and comfy but it doesn’t “look” as nice as a layed-up carbon weave stock.

Matt5266

WKR
I'm in the same boat. Been looking at the seekins ph2 real hard. Love that it's from my home state. And I also havnt heard anything real bad mostly just personal preference stuff.

That's being said I have owned 2 Bergara rifles. A HMR wilderness and a HMR PRO. I was not super impressed with either. 1st one I sent back for warranty work. Second one I had the same issue but I just lived with it... just my 2 cents.

OP
IDVortex

IDVortex

WKR
I'm in the same boat. Been looking at the seekins ph2 real hard. Love that it's from my home state. And I also havnt heard anything real bad mostly just personal preference stuff.

That's being said I have owned 2 Bergara rifles. A HMR wilderness and a HMR PRO. I was not super impressed with either. 1st one I sent back for warranty work. Second one I had the same issue but I just lived with it... just my 2 cents.
I've read some small issues with the Bergera, but nothing where I would be scared to not buy one. (Every manufacturer can and will have defects, it's how its handled) thing that I hated about Bergera is just how it felt, not balanced and just over all fit to when I shouldered it. (That being said, id say 90% of that is personal opinion and not a issue with the gun) But, nothing like supporting a company from Idaho is another point for Seekins lol.

TrackerG

FNG
I was in the market for a 7 PRC when they were first released. I looked at the Seekins element as well as a few other companies. I ended up settling on the fierce firearms carbon rival. I absolutely love my fierce. It shoots lights out. The finish on the gun is fantastic as well.

However, my Hunting partner has seekins 300prc and that gun is amazing as well. I definitely don’t think you can go wrong with. Seekins, however, I would throw fierce in the mix.

Negatives on seekins: LOP is fairly short and there isn’t much for flexibility on barrel length. Chopping them shorter isn’t ideal with the spiral flutes. AI pattern mags aren’t always awesome for hunting.

I think they are a good buy though. If that stuff isn’t a big deal to you, buy away.

OP
IDVortex

IDVortex

WKR
I was in the market for a 7 PRC when they were first released. I looked at the Seekins element as well as a few other companies. I ended up settling on the fierce firearms carbon rival. I absolutely love my fierce. It shoots lights out. The finish on the gun is fantastic as well.

However, my Hunting partner has seekins 300prc and that gun is amazing as well. I definitely don’t think you can go wrong with. Seekins, however, I would throw fierce in the mix.
Sadly, after one of my buddies owning and shooting a fierce, and reading the horror stories of them. Firece is a company I won't own, same with CA.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a Seekins havak element and so far it’s pretty great. I don’t always like the magizine sticking out, problem solved with an MDT 3 round magazine.

There was a video posted in a tikka thread (of all places today) where they showed an entire tour of their facility. After watching the video I was even more glad I got a Seekins. They are individually had bedded into the stock using the actual action that is going out with the stock, not a slave action. I thought that was cool.

My only complaint is that I wish it came with a shorter barrel, my rifle is a 6.5 creedmoor and it came with a 21” barrel, it’s ok but since I shoot with a silencer, I wish it was 18”. After all the shot show stuff is over and those guys are back in the office I’m going to call and inquire about a shorter barrel.

I found the gun easy to make a load for, the MDT magazines feed smoothly, I have 5 of them with no issues, it’s a solid feeling gun.

I’d buy another.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
None of these are things to hate, but are my "not favorite" things about the Element:

I like the pattern/footprint of the stock on the Element, but it's not a light stock.

Wish the stock had off side flush cups rather than just the underside.

The integrated rail in the level can't be seen when shooting. Not a detraction on the rifle, and it helps verify the action is level when mounting a scope, but it's useless once a scope's mounted.

I have to keep some lube on the action rails. The bolt body is a large diameter and the bolt is very light. This means there's a lot of bolt body to action contact and no "momentum" when working the bolt like a heavy bolt will have. This results in a slower bolt manipulation for me. I have to have a more controlled working of the bolt since there's no momentum.

Again, none of those are things to hate, just things that are.

WMag338

WKR
I have an element. It is a fantastic gun. Shoots lights out. Would buy another without question. Also, get their scope rings. They are top notch too.

Reactions: RB1

Avonac

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had two PH2’s and an Element. They are very hard to beat as a factory option. I’m probably going to buy a PH2 in 6 creed next

revoked

FNG
I’ve got a PH2 in 6CM, absolutely fantastic gun. Haven’t had to use the warranty yet, so I can’t speak on that end of things. Gun is a tack driver with ELDM.

Ophidian

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up my element in 6.5 creed yesterday. It is a perfect fit for me and I can hardly wait to get it out to the range. The plan is to grab the maven RS 1.2 and some ARC rings and call it good.

Clark33

WKR
I have a PH1 and element, both shoot great.

You also get the $550 rebarrel with Seekins. The bolt head can also be swapped out so you have quiet a few cartridge options for relatively cheap.

OP
IDVortex

IDVortex

WKR
None of these are things to hate, but are my "not favorite" things about the Element:

I like the pattern/footprint of the stock on the Element, but it's not a light stock.

Wish the stock had off side flush cups rather than just the underside.

The integrated rail in the level can't be seen when shooting. Not a detraction on the rifle, and it helps verify the action is level when mounting a scope, but it's useless once a scope's mounted.

I have to keep some lube on the action rails. The bolt body is a large diameter and the bolt is very light. This means there's a lot of bolt body to action contact and no "momentum" when working the bolt like a heavy bolt will have. This results in a slower bolt manipulation for me. I have to have a more controlled working of the bolt since there's no momentum.

Again, none of those are things to hate, just things that are.
Thanks, this is the kind of info i want!

IdahoBeav

WKR
I'd be all over a Seekins if they offered a conventional M700 clone with a hinged floorplate and carbon or non-fluted barrel.