Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Juan_ID

WKR
Maven sent an email today and I was hoping it was a re-stock notification for the RS1.2 MIL, but no...instead it was introducing a different MOA reticle. Now they have three reticles, two of which are MOA.

Both MOA scopes are in stock in both colors. No MIL scopes are in stock. That's what you call a clue, Maven!

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE MIL SCOPES!

SHR-MIL (MIL)
View attachment 731565

MOA-2 (MOA)
View attachment 731566

SHR-W (MOA)
View attachment 731567
I didn’t think that reticle was new, was pretty sure they had both of those options back when I bought my scope but can’t say with 100% certainty

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t think that reticle was new, was pretty sure they had both of those options back when I bought my scope but can’t say with 100% certainty
Here is Maven's description of it:

1719969066991.png

"The highly popular RS1.2 2.5-15x44 FFP riflescope just got even better with the addition of our unique and innovative SHR-W reticle - a reticle designed to offer unparalleled precision in the MOA platform without the complexity of our MOA-2 reticle. Ideal for those seeking versatility across a variety of hunting scenarios, the SHR-W combines the same level of precision with the added benefits of quick access holdovers, making it a perfect choice for those who seek both accuracy and adaptability in their riflescope."

Juan_ID

WKR

View attachment 731582

"The highly popular RS1.2 2.5-15x44 FFP riflescope just got even better with the addition of our unique and innovative SHR-W reticle - a reticle designed to offer unparalleled precision in the MOA platform without the complexity of our MOA-2 reticle. Ideal for those seeking versatility across a variety of hunting scenarios, the SHR-W combines the same level of precision with the added benefits of quick access holdovers, making it a perfect choice for those who seek both accuracy and adaptability in their riflescope."
Maybe I’m confusing it with another model of scope that already offered that reticle option. Either way, I don’t care to see another moa reticle… ever 😂

Omg MOA sucks so bad. It's the biggest revelation I've ever experienced in shooting, other than using a sturdy scope and torquing those rings tight

Stocky

FNG
Have you looked at it outside in very low light, on the lowest setting where you actually need illumination?
Hey @Formidilosus was going to setup a rifle to do a preliminary drop test on scopes before I break my hunting setups down. Do you have a preferred setup ie chassis, rails and rings etc. Was thinking the rokslide standard 223 etc but wondered if the factory stock would potentially induce a source of shift?

Obviously will test hunting rifle setup also but would be nice to save breaking a working setup to test an unknown.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Hey @Formidilosus was going to setup a rifle to do a preliminary drop test on scopes before I break my hunting setups down. Do you have a preferred setup ie chassis, rails and rings etc. Was thinking the rokslide standard 223 etc but wondered if the factory stock would potentially induce a source of shift?

Obviously will test hunting rifle setup also but would be nice to save breaking a working setup to test an unknown.

My suggestion would be to not try to replicate the drop eval- you will break scopes figuring it out.

If you are going to do it, use soft soil- not rocks, not hard pack; soft soil. If it’s just the scope you are looking at, you have to proof the rifle- do you have a NF NXS or ATACR scope?

Have you read this?

AZ_Hunter

FNG
Classified Approved
Mine arrived today from the new batch. What part of the reticle is normally illuminated? Mine the centre dot is illuminated but about half the reticle on the right side has illumination glinting from behind. Assuming this isn't normal.

View attachment 731210
Mine has illumination bleed like that too. Kind of disappointed, but like the rest of the scope.

AZ_Hunter

FNG
Classified Approved

View attachment 731582

MOA… yuck.

Stocky

FNG
My suggestion would be to not try to replicate the drop eval- you will break scopes figuring it out.

If you are going to do it, use soft soil- not rocks, not hard pack; soft soil. If it’s just the scope you are looking at, you have to proof the rifle- do you have a NF NXS or ATACR scope?

Have you read this?

Yeh I get that but definitely want to test a few scopes I own as well as some other bits and pieces. Happy to risk a scope in controlled conditions like you say. Lots of soft green grass here in NZ. Spend a lot of effort getting into the mountains here chasing "the one" and want to make sure everything I can do and control is as dialed as possible. Plus I'm sure some others will get benefits from the results.

I haven't I will read the thread shortly. I don't but as soon as a mil nxs comes available in NZ I will. Do you have a standard reliable recommendation for rifle setup? I've read your thread on how you put together a rifle but interested in your thoughts on componentry.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Yeh I get that but definitely want to test a few scopes I own as well as some other bits and pieces. Happy to risk a scope in controlled conditions like you say. Lots of soft green grass here in NZ. Spend a lot of effort getting into the mountains here chasing "the one" and want to make sure everything I can do and control is as dialed as possible. Plus I'm sure some others will get benefits from the results.

I haven't I will read the thread shortly. I don't but as soon as a mil nxs comes available in NZ I will. Do you have a standard reliable recommendation for rifle setup? I've read your thread on how you put together a rifle but interested in your thoughts on componentry.

I understand.

For NF reticles, of what’s currently available- Mil-R.

Reactions: NSI
@Stocky - maybe at least a bedded rifle config would be better than a factory plastic tikka stock to have a more reliable system?

The glued in chassis method is a nice elimination of error but I wouldn't want to glue an action in either..

Maven is kind of missing the mark with the MOA options.. "without the complexity of or MOA-2 option". Seems like having some small elevation hashes would be more useful and less obstructive than not having them but instead having the big ass bars further down.

rbutcher1234

Lil-Rokslider
Maven is kind of missing the mark with the MOA options.. "without the complexity of or MOA-2 option". Seems like having some small elevation hashes would be more useful and less obstructive than not having them but instead having the big ass bars further down.
Maven shouldn’t even offer an MOA option IMO. You are significantly short-changing yourself using MOA instead of Mils once you move away from zeroing prone on a range.