270 + 300wm ---------> 7prc?

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe Im just bored but Im thinking of selling my current rifles to fund a new toy. Current setups are:

.270 win - Tikka T3x Lite Veil Wideland, Swaro Z5i 3.5-18x44 = 8.0 lbs complete with rail and rings
.300 win - Bergara Premier Highlander, Trijicon Credo HX 4-16x50 = 10.2 lbs complete with rail and rings

I was thinking if I could sell the rifles and keep the swaro glass I can fund something like a Seekins Havak Element or Christensen Ridgeline FFT in 7prc and get a 6.5-7 lb total rifle that does anything here in AZ

Spoiler alert: I understand this is completely unnecessary and that both current rifles will outshoot me and work for anything already.

Would you do this or just run the existing setups, 300 for elk and 270 for everything else?

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
I like my Seekins Havack in 6.5 PRC for deer ect. But that .270 isnt that much of a difference. But a new gun is fun to get set up and try out

LightFoot

WKR
You have two, nearly perfect setups for deer & elk and everything between, however…

There is such an allure to the do-it-all rifle and the 7PRC is a great, if not the (near) perfect solution.

It’s always ok to buy or build a new rifle.

>>>——JAKE——>

OP
Cannonball

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
In my experience, when I try to get rid of rifles to get one nice rifle I somehow still end up with more guns than I started with. Your mileage and brokeness may vary.
Ive been trying to sell off stuff that has been sitting around unused and have a pretty good chunk of the new rifle put together so that may be the way it goes ha!