.25 Cal (Quarter Bore) / Big Game Success - 25 Creed, 25-284, 25-06, 25 PRC, 25 SAUM

Absolutely, and production of 25 CM ammo may help spur SAAMI approval and production of rifles. We can always hope I guess. Too bad Tikka is the Toyota of rifle makers when it comes to new chamberings. Still no 6 CM rifles...
Haha seriously. Let’s just hope they don’t discontinue the V8s like Toyota. . .

B23

WKR
Though a 25 CM would be a good start, personally, I'd rather see Hornady standardize a 25 PRC instead.

Though a 25 CM would be a good start, personally, I'd rather see Hornady standardize a 25 PRC instead.
Roger that, and for me it would only make sense to for it to be based on the 7 PRC based on case capacity. 25-284 already has 66 grains, 6.5 PRC has 68, and 7 PRC has 73.

That has got to be a throat burner of a cartridge though... The 25 CM is pretty mild on throats and barrels.

amassi

WKR
Absolutely, and production of 25 CM ammo may help spur SAAMI approval and production of rifles. We can always hope I guess. Too bad Tikka is the Toyota of rifle makers when it comes to new chamberings. Still no 6 CM rifles...

Saami would come before ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piercision Rifles

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Well we had an amazing quick trip to wyoming for our 2024 antelope hunt last weekend. I had a doe tag to fill so we decided to make a quick vacation out of it with the kids. We started out visiting the badlands on the way out and going for a hike with Vivian and Clayton. Clayton enjoyed seeing all the mice running across the trails as they were gathering up seeds for winter. Probably saw atleast 100 of em as we hiked a couple miles. Rolled into Wyoming later in the day with 30 mph winds. Fortunately it was supposed to calm down the next day. Got the 25 saum zero verified and headed out in the morning. We rolled into where we were going to be hunting and I hiked to the top of the hill and started glassing. We usually see em everywhere but the weather hasn't gotten cold yet and this is their winter ground. Only saw one group about a mile out. We set up a game plan and started out after em. We were originally going to try and sneak within 500 yds of em. But due to where the group was at with the surrounding terrain along with two little chatter boxes on our backs I decided that we probably wouldnt get that close. Clayton had also started to raise a stink cause he found out he wasn't going to shoot the antelope LOL. I got set up on a hill and got dialed in. They were feeding and not going anywhere in a hurry. I ranged the biggest doe at 1025 yds. Was a slight breeze. Thought I dialed enough wind and sent it. Perfect elevation but went a couple inches tops to the left of her chest. Any closer and it would of been game over for her. They all looked up after the shot and ran about 60 yds towards us and stopped. Found the big lead doe and ranged her at 960. Adjusted for the wind and new elevation correction. They were calmed down at this point. Sent a round and made a good hit. She went 10-15 yds and went down. Her head was up, she was about to expire I think, but I sent another one right through her heart and she was done. Those 133 Elite hunters in the 25 Saum are amazing so far on game. Customers and I have had amazing results with them. No exit on the doe except a small fragment that made it out on one of the shots. The rest was still inside her. Was pretty warm in the day at that point. We got everything on ice as quick as possible. Got packed up and decided to head home a little early and do some sight seeing on the way. We did a fun hike at Custer with the kids. Clayton loved it. Vivian was a great navigator for us. After that we headed home. Was an awesome trip with plenty of ice cream stops. So glad we got to have the kids with us. Definitely makes the hunts a bit more interesting and requires a change of plans once in a while.

antelope pic 1.jpgantelope pic 3.jpgantelope pic 4.jpg