.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

atmat

WKR

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
Got to stop by UM on Friday and see one in person... definitely one in my future.
Let me know your thoughts. I have one on order but have yet to handle one. I figure worse case, I just resell it and not really loose anything due to the backlog and wait times.

Shot this boar this AM as he was mounted on a sow. 425 yards with 68gr Hammer HHT launched at 3400fps from my .22GT. Had about a 3/4 value wind from the right and used .4 mils for my wind hold. My only rest was a bag thrown over the top wire of a fence so wobble zone was pretty large. Hit him through the guts. DRT. Pass thru shot. Exit wound in pic. I was not happy with the shot placement and was amazed he dropped in place with such poor placement. I suspect a pedal must have tickled the spine. Once I saw where I hit him, I decided not to explore further. Pig guts are nasty. The pic is deceiving. He’s nearly as heavy as me. I’d put him around 150 to 160 pounds. I never cease to marvel at the shield on these mature boars. About 3/4” thick on one this size, and extends from the last rib to the front of the shoulder. Even thicker on bigger pigs. The best terminal ballistics test media there is.

John

Nice work! What knife you working with there?

Thegman

WKR
Shot this boar this AM as he was mounted on a sow. 425 yards with 68gr Hammer HHT launched at 3400fps from my .22GT. Had about a 3/4 value wind from the right and used .4 mils for my wind hold. My only rest was a bag thrown over the top wire of a fence so wobble zone was pretty large. Hit him through the guts. DRT. Pass thru shot. Exit wound in pic. I was not happy with the shot placement and was amazed he dropped in place with such poor placement. I suspect a pedal must have tickled the spine. Once I saw where I hit him, I decided not to explore further. Pig guts are nasty. The pic is deceiving. He’s nearly as heavy as me. I’d put him around 150 to 160 pounds. I never cease to marvel at the shield on these mature boars. About 3/4” thick on one this size, and extends from the last rib to the front of the shoulder. Even thicker on bigger pigs. The best terminal ballistics test media there is.

John

I have to say, I feel a little bad for this guy; shot in the guts right when he was gettin' some action. Doesn't get any worse than that...😅