.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like the code is only eligible for customers who it was emailed to directly. I couldn't use it on my account, nor on a burner guest checkout. Bummer.
I was going to place the order and just looked on Reddit gundeals for a code (showed that one as active) and it worked. I don’t know what would prevent it from working for you guys; bummer.

Levi300wm

FNG
FNG here, I have read most the thread. You've convinced me to try it out. still love shooting my 300wm but going to give the 69gr TMKs (all i could find) and N540 try in my ar15 for mainly coyotes and possible a texas whitetail if the opportunity presents itself.

my only question pertains to the reloading for a semi auto rifle. what do pressure signs look like on an AR15 sings there's no manual bolt lift to feel for? sounds like seat at mag length and rock and roll. is the crimp a must do thing on these? only ever reloaded for my 300WM up till now and just curious if there's any tips and tricks for an AR15. will i need to adjust the gas block at all?

Thanks, LONG LIVE THE TMK!!!!!!

TX_Diver

WKR
How long are the 77 TMKs?

Haven't unpacked my calipers from the move yet. Taking some 77s to shoot tomorrow and don't have the length to plug in.

atmat

WKR

Haven't unpacked my calipers from the move yet. Taking some 77s to shoot tomorrow and don't have the length to plug in.
You don’t need bullet length for ballistics calculations unless you’re doing advanced calculations. Given your other thread, keep it simple.

Brownell's still has 77 TMK's in stock. I ordered some more, for a total of 1500. Going to go with a couple cases of ADI 55 Blitz's to get the new 223 broke in and then recycle the brass.

TX_Diver

WKR
You don’t need bullet length for ballistics calculations unless you’re doing advanced calculations. Given your other thread, keep it simple.
Even the simple setting in shooter asks for it as the tmk isn’t in their library.

Found 1.072 online but just saw that it Looks like I can leave it at zero in the app also.

Went and rezeroed the 6.5 today after moving my scope forward. Will go straight to a waterline at 600 ish in the morning when it’s “cool” and see if I can get better data before it heats up.

Will update after 👍👍

Matt5266

WKR

I measured 4 and got 1.0725 1.0730 and 1.0740 and 1.7050 here's a couple pictures

Attachments

• 20240823_203945.jpg
    20240823_203945.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240823_204010.jpg
    20240823_204010.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 35
FNG here, I have read most the thread. You've convinced me to try it out. still love shooting my 300wm but going to give the 69gr TMKs (all i could find) and N540 try in my ar15 for mainly coyotes and possible a texas whitetail if the opportunity presents itself.

my only question pertains to the reloading for a semi auto rifle. what do pressure signs look like on an AR15 sings there's no manual bolt lift to feel for? sounds like seat at mag length and rock and roll. is the crimp a must do thing on these? only ever reloaded for my 300WM up till now and just curious if there's any tips and tricks for an AR15. will i need to adjust the gas block at all?

Thanks, LONG LIVE THE TMK!!!!!!

Pressure signs on an AR will manifest very much like overgassing, i.e. brass ejecting at 12-3 o'clock, the bolt cycling "too fast" and not picking up a round or locking back on the last round.
As for crimping, I don't crimp any of my AR loads. If you plan on mag feeding and not shooting a bunch of times, maybe put a light crimp on it, but if you are shooting, a crimp isn't necessary, IMO.
Final thing about running heavies in ARs. Look at windowing a couple of your magazines. It will allow you to load longer and get the most performance out of those heavy bullets and your AR.

kttedford

FNG
After reading through these posts, y’all have convinced me to give the AR a go this season. Here is a group at 100 yards with 73gr ELDM. I was aiming at the orange dot. Not super tight but it will do fine here in north Alabama. I rarely ever have a shot past 200 where we hunt.

Attachments

• IMG_1658.jpeg
    IMG_1658.jpeg
    535.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2616.png
    IMG_2616.png
    666.5 KB · Views: 79

waspocrew

WKR
Anyone ever try ELD-M seconds? Any reason not to stock up on them?
Mine have been fine - I've tried the 147s as well as the 285s. No problems. At most, the jackets have been a little discolored here or there, but for the most part, couldn't really tell they were blems. On target, I found no difference either.

Thegman

WKR