.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

waspocrew

WKR
Damn- didn't need to see the TMK deal. They shoot great in my Tikka. Just ordered 1,000 of them. Great deal with free shipping too!

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
9e7eb2a605169fa5db48d958297a1740.jpg

In addition to my pile of 77 TMK slingers I picked up a 6 ARC too. 108 ELDMs show expansion velocities out to 550 as well. 20” upper. Excited to tinker with it too. The kiddos have taken about all of my 5.56 uppers haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT_Fin

WKR
Question for the group, I have an LWRCI AR 1-7” rifle and an 11 yr old daughter to outfit. Would I be better set up putting a scope on the AR, getting some tmk’s, and spending money on a suppressor for her to shoot/hunt with or by getting a Tikka set up and purchasing a suppressor down the line?

Question for the group, I have an LWRCI AR 1-7” rifle and an 11 yr old daughter to outfit. Would I be better set up putting a scope on the AR, getting some tmk’s, and spending money on a suppressor for her to shoot/hunt with or by getting a Tikka set up and purchasing a suppressor down the line?
Run what you got unless you need an excuse for a new project. My LWRC shoots the TMKs very well and I wouldn’t think twice about putting a scope on it if it wasn’t dedicated to a specific setup.

mt100gr.

WKR
While I prefer to teach kids on a bolt gun, I would put them behind a suppressed rifle first every time.

My oldest daughter started on an unsuppressed 223 and when we finally got the can, her comfort level behind the rifle was night and day.

MT_Fin

WKR
Run what you got unless you need an excuse for a new project. My LWRC shoots the TMKs very well and I wouldn’t think twice about putting a scope on it if it wasn’t dedicated to a specific setup.
I never need much of an excuse, but have to pace myself!

While I prefer to teach kids on a bolt gun, I would put them behind a suppressed rifle first every time.

My oldest daughter started on an unsuppressed 223 and when we finally got the can, her comfort level behind the rifle was night and day.
Thanks. She isn’t new to shooting, but certainly is to centerfire rifles and hunting.

mt100gr.

WKR
I never need much of an excuse, but have to pace myself!

Thanks. She isn’t new to shooting, but certainly is to centerfire rifles and hunting.
Copy that. My girls never 'wanted' to shoot before the suppressor(s). They'd get into it once we were at the range, but wouldn't ask to go, or anything.

The rimfire suppressor is the real work horse. We all giggle when the steel at 100 yards rings louder than the .22

For hunting with kids, communication is so critical. Being able to shoot a hearing safe rifle is awesome.

wesfromky

WKR
Just understand that an AR might still be sorta loud at the shooters ear due to port pop. And, may end up pushing more gas into the users face. I think those can be lessened/eliminated with some parts and tuning though.

Last edited:
Just understand that an AR might still be sorta loud at the shooters ear due to port pop. And, may end up pushing more gas into the users face. I think those can be lessened/eliminated with some parts and tuning though.

This, and the AR will be much heavier than a corresponding bolt gun. If you are doing the carrying and the shooting will be from a rail or tripod, that won't matter much, but if the shooting position will require a bit of gun support by the shooter, a bolt gun may be a better option.

I know it isn't a popular opinion on this particular thread, but you could look into getting a Ruger American Ranch and a suppressor for just a bit more than a Tikka setup would cost you. Just another option.

The Guide

WKR
Ammoseek and wikiarms must suck for TMK searches. Thanks for the heads up.
None of my searches came up with either. Might have just hit the website? They are up to $1.50/round now from $1.40/round last year. I bought a case of them so I'm good for a little bit plus the AAC 77tmk shot good for me but around 75 fps slower than the BH 77tmk. Nobody can keep any 77tmk ammo in stock!

Jay