.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

grfox92

WKR

Thread over on LRO about this thread.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

Thread over on LRO about this thread.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

oh no.jpg

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I just read that also. As Jeff said over there....each to their own which I think is true.
This thread has given and continues to give shooters/hunters data and evidence to evaluate and make their own choices.

Randy

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I just read that also. As Jeff said over there....each to their own which I think is true.
This thread has given and continues to give shooters/hunters data and evidence to evaluate and make their own choices.

Randy
Crazy…

PLEASE critically think for yourself!!!!

THE entire point of this thread is what works.

Period.

mt100gr.

WKR
Man, over the years I occasionally looked to both Broz (Jeff) and FURMAN (Ryan Furman) for help and advice as I bought, built, and shot a handful of different cartridges. I had meaningful and interesting conversations with both of them thru Rokslide. They were regulars here. I even bought one of the first unicorn, 8 twist 6.5CM superlites from Ryan after he'd played with it for a while.

Reading some of their drivel now really makes me wonder....that sand they've gotten their heads into must have firmed up a bit.

Methinks they haven't read the entire thread!🙄🤔

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
Hornady Factory Ammo 75gr BTHP 5.56 superformance. I’m getting 2900 fps out of an 18” barrel AR. Last year we killed a ewe, a deer and two antelope with the set up. We kill around 3 or 4 animals a year with the 223. I’ve used a number of different bullets from 55gr on up to 75gr. The 75gr Hornady BTHP is by far my favorite. It’s explosive like the 77gr TMK, but tends to penetrate better, giving me good sized exits on most deer sized animals. The exits provide a better blood trail which comes in handy once in a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    591.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0243.jpeg
    IMG_0243.jpeg
    725.6 KB · Views: 93