.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

xsn10s

WKR
Nope. I’d use it.

They make a mess with body shots. You need to hit them at the top of their back to stay away from the breast and legs, and you still can get meat damage. During the fall I have a mag of 77gr SMK’s in my pocket for turkeys.
I like a neck or headshot. If I miss no damage done. I missed one turkey and I think the sonic crack confused him for a second, he stood frozen so I shot at him again for the kill. YMMV

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
Will do.. I'm not a red line reloader anyways. Do you happen to have a grain weight of leverevolution to work up to? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to open source it. I like to keep my options open as I'm in northern BC and powder availability can be spotty. TIA
Where you at Moose? I use a bunch of Lever and know where to get it pretty cheap.

Welp. This just got more expensive. Went to swap my razor from the 300prc onto my AR for this season. 30mm tube vs the 1” that’s currently on it. Larue prices went up since the last time I bought one. At their new price point might as well buy another geissele. Really happy with that one on the 6.5. But shoooot. I’m not feeling like dropping almost $350.

Anybody use American defense optic mounts? I was looking at the vortex precision line and came across a few of their mounts. Never used them before but they look intriguing. Or any other recommendations that isn’t a budget mount but not high end?

Larue mounts are junk as with all vertically split rings like ADM too. Other issue with those levers on either is they don’t have a fraction of the clamping force of torqued screws which effects zero.

I’d look at Badger COMM and NF Ultramount if you want a cantilever style mount.

Larue mounts are junk as with all vertically split rings like ADM too. Other issue with those levers on either is they don’t have a fraction of the clamping force of torqued screws which effects zero.

I’d look at Badger COMM and NF Ultramount if you want a cantilever style mount.
not necessarily looking for a cantilever. Didn’t even think to look at Nightforce mounts. Close enough to my price point that I’ll probably snag a set of those. Thanks.

Now to find a magnum cartridge only page to offload the 300. 😂

BLJ

WKR
Welp. This just got more expensive. Went to swap my razor from the 300prc onto my AR for this season. 30mm tube vs the 1” that’s currently on it. Larue prices went up since the last time I bought one. At their new price point might as well buy another geissele. Really happy with that one on the 6.5. But shoooot. I’m not feeling like dropping almost $350.

Anybody use American defense optic mounts? I was looking at the vortex precision line and came across a few of their mounts. Never used them before but they look intriguing. Or any other recommendations that isn’t a budget mount but not high end?

I’ve had good luck with the Burris extreme tactical rings on flat top ARs.

not necessarily looking for a cantilever. Didn’t even think to look at Nightforce mounts. Close enough to my price point that I’ll probably snag a set of those. Thanks.

Now to find a magnum cartridge only page to offload the 300. 😂

If you don’t want cantilever look at the NF mag mount as well. Spuhr also makes a hunting series which is nice, I use their Tikka/Sako version.

Chad_H

FNG

I have two ADM Recon mounts used for work purposes. I have had zero problems with them, and they have returned to zero when removed and reattached.

Also another question, what are your thoughts for the TMK on fall turkey where a rifle is allowed?

I shot this dude two weeks ago with my RARR in 556 using a Hornady Frontier 75gr HPBT. It was about a 55-60yd shot, it was facing me and I shot it just below the neck. The bullet made a complete pass through, no meat was damaged in the making of this event.
IMG_7977_Original.jpeg

atmat

WKR
Also another question, what are your thoughts for the TMK on fall turkey where a rifle is allowed?

I shot this dude two weeks ago with my RARR in 556 using a Hornady Frontier 75gr HPBT. It was about a 55-60yd shot, it was facing me and I shot it just below the neck. The bullet made a complete pass through, no meat was damaged in the making of this event.
View attachment 601183
Formidilosus answered this earlier today:
They make a mess with body shots. You need to hit them at the top of their back to stay away from the breast and legs, and you still can get meat damage. During the fall I have a mag of 77gr SMK’s in my pocket for turkeys.

2UP

WKR
I don’t want to start the whole Optics Planet debate, but if anyone was curious, these showed up today

Attachments

• IMG_2729.jpeg
    IMG_2729.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 71

atmat

WKR
Yes they are, the rokslide standard’s don’t clear the 50mm of the nx8
The Unknown Munitions rings are higher than the T084s but lower than the Sportsmatch Highs, and should fit a 50mm objective on a Lite contour.

If you find your rings are a little too high, you might give those a try instead.

Juan_ID

WKR
The Unknown Munitions rings are higher than the T084s but lower than the Sportsmatch Highs, and should fit a 50mm objective on a Lite contour.

If you find your rings are a little too high, you might give those a try instead.
This scope came off my nrlhunter rifle, I am all out of extra scopes at the moment hence why I said it was temporary. I have another set of 84’s to use when I finally decide if I want a 3-9 or 3-15.

atmat

WKR
This scope came off my nrlhunter rifle, I am all out of extra scopes at the moment hence why I said it was temporary. I have another set of 84’s to use when I finally decide if I want a 3-9 or 3-15.
Ah I missed the “temporary” part. My bad dude.