.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

what load are you shooting there?
Lapua Brass
CCI BR-4’s
24.0gr Varget
Loaded to mag length which is like 2.260”

This is the first load I ever tried in this gun after buying it off a member here and it just flat shoots. Right around 2,700 FPS MV

With a 1-9 twist is the eld-m 73gr where it’s at? I have read it is on the boarder for stabilization. Going to try to pick up a box this week and load some.

Tahr

Lil-Rokslider
Got my first deer with the 77 grain TMK tonight. A nice doe at 200 yards. No blood trail but the TMK took out the heart and she didnt make it far
Exactly. The 77TMK do the job well but seldom leave any blood to track if you do get a runner. I also use the 60 grn Hammer and they almost always pass through and let some blood out. I think though that with the Hammers lung shot deer do run a little bit more.IMG_8669 2.jpegIMG_8662 2.jpeg

Axlrod

WKR
With a 1-9 twist is the eld-m 73gr where it’s at? I have read it is on the boarder for stabilization. Going to try to pick up a box this week and load some.
Just a side track on those 73 Eld-m's.

In my 7 twist 22 Creed, the 88 Eld-m's would come apart before reaching the target. But I have over 100 rounds with the 73 Eld-m without any issues.

Just a side track on those 73 Eld-m's.

In my 7 twist 22 Creed, the 88 Eld-m's would come apart before reaching the target. But I have over 100 rounds with the 73 Eld-m without any issues.

That’s a somewhat common problem with ELD-M’s and is more based on certain lots than particular bullets but it’s most commonly reported with 147gr 6.5’s most likely because that bullet it so popular in 6.5’s. I had over 50% of them going poof in a 24” 6.5 Creedmoor Bartlein AI barrel shooting the factory 147gr ammo. I also know people who’ve had it happen with the 140’s too. I’ve heard of them doing it with .224’s, 6mm’s, 7mm’s, and .30 cals too though. It happening to you with the 88’s isn’t at all surprising and it’s certainly not because of twist rate because those 73’s are running faster RPM’s.

MEdude

Lil-Rokslider
How do you know it went poof, vss you just plain missed?
I started shooting 88 ELDM’s this summer, & during load development had a couple shots that never landed on paper at 100 yds, but the rest of the group was sub-M.O.A.
I was guessing it self disassembled enroute, but how to know…. 🤷‍♂️