.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

Marshfly

WKR
I’ll be in the market for a 223 in the next couple months for my kids to starts using next fall. If anyone has recommendations, I am looking for a youth/ compact rifle with a threaded barrel for a suppressor. Seems hard to find the shirt length if pull and threaded barrel together on a 223.

It should cost ~$150 to cut and thread a barrel. Buy the correct rifle and then just have it threaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
I’ll be in the market for a 223 in the next couple months for my kids to starts using next fall. If anyone has recommendations, I am looking for a youth/ compact rifle with a threaded barrel for a suppressor. Seems hard to find the shirt length if pull and threaded barrel together on a 223.

Compact tikka for the win

Marshfly

WKR
I mentioned the correct rifle right above your post.

I know. I know.

Having owned both Ruger Americans and Tikkas…no.

The American I owned shot well but it just felt cheap. I would 100% buy that before a CVA or anything else under $700 though. If the one I had wasn’t right handed I would still own it. Damn a son growing up and ending up left eye dominant.

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Tikka T3x Compact 223 and have it cut and threaded for a can. SWFA 6x milquad mil/mil mounted with UM rings. Done.

nobody

WKR
SWFA Milquad is the stuff of fairytales except for used these days. We need a new recommendation IMHO.

Trijicon Credo. It’s more $$, but still can be had under $1k. If dialing isn’t important the Huron and accupoint models can be had for less, but it won’t be FFP

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
What we need is @Unknown Munitions @Formidilosus @Ryan Avery to design, engineer and produce THE RokSlide special in house.

Rifle. Scope. Rings.

Let customers decide which bullet they want to shoot based on desired outcomes and have a plug and play easy button choice delivery system.

Seems simple enough to me.

#McRokslideSpecial ie Billiion$Brand

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
@Elite7

I have a Ruger American Ranch that I “think” I can cut the LOP down to compact length.
I’m guessing that the upper hole on the bottom is for a smaller (compact) recoil pad.
Hoping to try this in the next couple months. View attachment 621731
Yes I cut a full length stock down and put a compact recoil pad on it. Whether the RA is better than a compact Tikka is another question.

NSI

WKR
What we need is @Unknown Munitions @Formidilosus @Ryan Avery to design, engineer and produce THE RokSlide special in house.

Rifle. Scope. Rings.

Let customers decide which bullet they want to shoot based on desired outcomes and have a plug and play easy button choice delivery system.

Seems simple enough to me.

#McRokslideSpecial ie Billiion$Brand
I essentially do this for all my friends who are new to shooting.

What do you feel is a fair markup or labor charge for the standard formula? I imagine I would get huge static trying to sell such simple mods on this site even if the system is ready to go. Maybe I’m wrong.

-J

amassi

WKR

What do you feel is a fair markup or labor charge for the standard formula? I imagine I would get huge static trying to sell such simple mods on this site even if the system is ready to go. Maybe I’m wrong.

-J

You need access to dealer pricing so you can sell at or below retail. The margin on something as simple as gun legos is going to be less than 5%

Reactions: NSI
Which one? Iv seen what some of the eldm do, and while I havnt been disappointed, I still think the tmk makes the ideal wound channel. Particularly like how fast they seem to upset. They seem to have no neck length where the eldm seem to have atleast some.

Just curious if the 80eldx behaves more like the tmk or if it’s just another eldm(which is likely correct).

Either way nice seeing more killing bullets in 22 cal.

This one

Marshfly

WKR

-J

I set stuff up for friends because I don’t want them shooting junk and missing or wounding animals. That’s my payment.

My go to is a Tikka 6.5CM, UM rings, and the Trijicon Credo 2.5-15. Adults like gadgets and this gets them cool stuff while still being reliable and easy to shoot. I shoot 10 rounds zeros for them so they know the rifle is money and then give them homework every couple of weeks on field positions to practice and stuff. Amazing the confidence that happens when people are led on the right path.

We do occasional practice on steel out to 450 or so with my 223 with the SWFA 6x to teach them that you don’t need a ton of magnification. That aha moment sticks remarkably well.

BLJ

WKR
Yes I cut a full length stock down and put a compact recoil pad on it. Whether the RA is better than a compact Tikka is another question.
Appreciate the confirmation on the recoil pad.

And as far the RA/Tikka goes, I’ll admit that I kinda like to fan that flame from time to time. 😁.

I have both, I’m happy with both, and recognize differences in both. 😉

BryanL

Lil-Rokslider
Tikka compact T3X in .223 is the way. Usually around $750. Get it threaded for $100-$150. You can get a stainless tikka and get it cut and pick up a compact stock but it will be more money.

I’m super curious about those ELD-X. Seems like it won’t work in factory tikka mags or AR mags since even the 75gr ELD M don’t really fit in at 2.26” COAL.