.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

BryanL

Lil-Rokslider

I know nothing about these. Same BC. Shows in stock and maybe cheap enough to take a chance. Maybe help someone out.
I’m gonna order some and see. I don’t know if there is another main stream company making 77gr tipped match bullets with that same BC.

I know nothing about these. Same BC. Shows in stock and maybe cheap enough to take a chance. Maybe help someone out.

Well we'll see. I just ordered 500 of them and snagged 76 130tmk's on another site. That'll at least get me through deer and elk tags this fall. Would sure like to find a few more 130tmks though.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered some and will compare them with my 77tmk bullets and report back.

he_lives

FNG

I bought some of these yesterday. Hoping they’re actually 77 tmk under a different label. Given the lack of actual product photo, same g1 BC, and no other manufacturers bullets matching these specs, I think it’s likely. Guess we’ll see what shows up!

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I bought some of these yesterday. Hoping they’re actually 77 tmk under a different label. Given the lack of actual product photo, same g1 BC, and no other manufacturers bullets matching these specs, I think it’s likely. Guess we’ll see what shows up!
Maybe you could cross section 1 of each for starters.

he_lives

FNG
I don’t have a mill, but could give it a shot with a porta band. If nothing else, I can provide some external measurements to compare.

Dejhavu

FNG
The best 223 bullet for penetration I have ever seen was the nosler 64 gr trophy bonded bear claw out of the FBI duty load. It is barrier blind and just keeps going.

BLJ

WKR
Wonder if anyone who bought some of these would offer a few of them up to @eoperator for a gel test? See how it compares to the 77 TMK?
Call it my finders fee. 😁

Bear season is coming! Looking forward to more pics added to this thread!
What has your experience been on bears with these, ever get enough exit for tracking blood? 77tmk?
Debating on using the 6.5c with the 143s or the 223 77tmk combo for my daughter this spring. Shots will be within 400 yds.

Trackselk

WKR
What has your experience been on bears with these, ever get enough exit for tracking blood? 77tmk?
Debating on using the 6.5c with the 143s or the 223 77tmk combo for my daughter this spring. Shots will be within 400 yds.
I think explosive lead bullets are more of a DRT thing than a good blood trail event...

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
There isn’t a bear anywhere that I’d hesitate to put a 77TMK into. The wound channels and terminal performance of the bullet is impressive and effective.

That said, if you’re wanting exits, it may not be you’re huckleberry.