.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

How does the Nosler 77gr Match ammo compare to the smk?

About the same, I've shot numerous coyotes and groundhogs with SMK's and CC's and they just pencil through. TMK is the way to go, and the Berger 77gr OTM does pretty well too at higher impact velocities.

robtattoo

WKR
I'm headed to south Texas next week for a few days of spot & stalk hog hunting. My .223 is coming along for a couple of spots with longer shot options & to try a few sits.
Fingers crossed & I'll report back later with some autopsy shots.

Reactions: Stu

BryanL

Lil-Rokslider
Greentophuntfish has Seirra 69gr TMK 500ct for $159.77 shipped. They also have .308 168gr TMKs in 500ct and 100ct as of today (3/25/23). I’ve ordered from them plenty and they are good to go.

BryanL

Lil-Rokslider

I know nothing about these. Same BC. Shows in stock and maybe cheap enough to take a chance. Maybe help someone out.
I’m gonna order some and see. I don’t know if there is another main stream company making 77gr tipped match bullets with that same BC.

I know nothing about these. Same BC. Shows in stock and maybe cheap enough to take a chance. Maybe help someone out.

Well we'll see. I just ordered 500 of them and snagged 76 130tmk's on another site. That'll at least get me through deer and elk tags this fall. Would sure like to find a few more 130tmks though.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered some and will compare them with my 77tmk bullets and report back.

he_lives

Lil-Rokslider

I bought some of these yesterday. Hoping they’re actually 77 tmk under a different label. Given the lack of actual product photo, same g1 BC, and no other manufacturers bullets matching these specs, I think it’s likely. Guess we’ll see what shows up!

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I bought some of these yesterday. Hoping they’re actually 77 tmk under a different label. Given the lack of actual product photo, same g1 BC, and no other manufacturers bullets matching these specs, I think it’s likely. Guess we’ll see what shows up!
Maybe you could cross section 1 of each for starters.

he_lives

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have a mill, but could give it a shot with a porta band. If nothing else, I can provide some external measurements to compare.

Dejhavu

FNG
The best 223 bullet for penetration I have ever seen was the nosler 64 gr trophy bonded bear claw out of the FBI duty load. It is barrier blind and just keeps going.

BLJ

WKR
Wonder if anyone who bought some of these would offer a few of them up to @eoperator for a gel test? See how it compares to the 77 TMK?
Call it my finders fee. 😁