.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

What kind of critters have you pumped it into, at what velocities and what kind of weight retention?
I should have stated that I have not used the TGK and am only familiar with its construction due to research here and other places. The gold dots I have used on deer.

280Ackley

WKR
Vantage Reloading has 77tmk in stock, they are not listed on their website but if you contact them you can order. The place seems legit I ordered up a flat rate box full and they were delivered today. Looks like he is only selling in 500ct boxes though so no small quantities.

Not sure if I can post a link to their site with contact info here or not? I found the guy on a Facebook group and chatted with him a bit and then took a chance and everything was in order.
Thanks @SamsonMan22 mine showed up today. He is 100% correct Vantage research was unbelievable to work with and they had 108 eld-m’s in stock too!!9AEBB2FB-A694-4AC4-AC6A-DE7526B18A7B.jpeg

Thanks @SamsonMan22 mine showed up today. He is 100% correct Vantage research was unbelievable to work with and they had 108 eld-m’s in stock too!!View attachment 504640

I’ve had difficulty get ahold of him lately. Emailed mid last week and he was good right away but haven’t heard a lick from him the last few days… waiting for an invoice so I can pay and get some coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmalzy

WKR
He was pretty responsive to me and got mine out pretty quick. Supposed to be here Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigThig09

FNG
Another question from a newb…

Could a reloader load up some 90 grain .224 fusions in a .223 and get some even better results than the 62 grain variety?? Just spitballing here but I feel like @Formidilosus mentioned a 90+ grain TMK being on his wishlist.

I don’t reload (yet), but have access to the 90 grain pills if it would be worth pursuing. Thanks!

sram9102

WKR

Could a reloader load up some 90 grain .224 fusions in a .223 and get some even better results than the 62 grain variety?? Just spitballing here but I feel like @Formidilosus mentioned a 90+ grain TMK being on his wishlist.

I don’t reload (yet), but have access to the 90 grain pills if it would be worth pursuing. Thanks!
Don't think the extra bc would be worth the velocity loss going that heavy in 223. It would be stuffed so far down in the case to fit in any magazine it would be anemic. A super heavy tmk would be sweet to run in the 22 creed.

BigThig09

FNG
Don't think the extra bc would be worth the velocity loss going that heavy in 223. It would be stuffed so far down in the case to fit in any magazine it would be anemic. A super heavy tmk would be sweet to run in the 22 creed.
Makes sense! Thanks!

False_Cast

Lil-Rokslider

If looking for max BC, you’d want to look at the 88 grain ELDm instead. Significantly greater BC and less mass. I believe some have had success with 88’s & 1:7” twist 223/556 barrels (minimum). But, as stated, you’ll need to pay attention to COAL constraints.

I’d run the numbers in a ballistic calculator to make sure you’re threading those needles for a reason. It is not coincidental that the easy button theme is popular among some of the successful hunters and shooters you read here.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

Magazine COAL limits will come into okay with them, and for most uses the 90gr isn’t really “better”. There is a BC/weight/velocity trade off point generally. The 75gr Speer Gold Dot is a better version of the 62gr Fusion.

ID_Matt

WKR
I bit. Scheel's in Sandy had several in stock. One was even on sale. Few boxes of 75 eldm's to try out. Trigger spring installed and barrel being cut to 18". KRG x-ray on the way with mdt mags. Going to try out an Arken scope for it. Not exactly going to be ultra light by any means!

Hoping the throat is long enough to take advantage of the 10+ lbs of varget i have.

69A2385E-7EFF-4146-BB8E-02B5D5786724.jpeg

Juan_ID

WKR
I bit. Scheel's in Sandy had several in stock. One was even on sale. Few boxes of 75 eldm's to try out. Trigger spring installed and barrel being cut to 18". KRG x-ray on the way with mdt mags. Going to try out an Arken scope for it. Not exactly going to be ultra light by any means!

Hoping the throat is long enough to take advantage of the 10+ lbs of varget i have.

View attachment 506271
I’ll be damned, never thought the wkr community would see the day you posted in this thread with your very own tikka 223… There’s hope for 2023 after all! 1674586854651.gif

ID_Matt

WKR
I’ll be damned, never thought the wkr community would see the day you posted in this thread with your very own tikka 223… There’s hope for 2023 after all!
Don't kid yourself. I'm still not 100% sure the 145 pages of well documented kills with autopsies has got me ready to ditch my 6-8 MPH 6.5/7mm's for a 3 MPH .22. I'll start slow, gradually working my way up from paper, to steel, to squirrels, then maybe to rock chucks (assuming wound channels are adequate on the squirrel first), then maybe, just maybe, let my wife test it out on a small body doe mule deer. All of this will be done with my 7 SAUM (rem 700 trigger, hope it goes bang) on hand as a back up, in case the .223 bullets fail to dispatch the hardy beasts in a timely manner.

All joking, please don't hang me for the sarcasm.

id_jon

WKR
Don't kid yourself. I'm still not 100% sure the 145 pages of well documented kills with autopsies has got me ready to ditch my 6-8 MPH 6.5/7mm's for a 3 MPH .22. I'll start slow, gradually working my way up from paper, to steel, to squirrels, then maybe to rock chucks (assuming wound channels are adequate on the squirrel first), then maybe, just maybe, let my wife test it out on a small body doe mule deer. All of this will be done with my 7 SAUM (rem 700 trigger, hope it goes bang) on hand as a back up, in case the .223 bullets fail to dispatch the hardy beasts in a timely manner.

All joking, please don't hang me for the sarcasm.
3mph? Come on don't sell it short, its almost 4mph!