.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

SouthPaw

WKR
Hoping the throat is long enough to take advantage of the 10+ lbs of varget i have.
You'll be crunching hard with Varget and the 75s, especially at standard tikka mag length. Even in the CTR at 2.424 I couldn't stuff enough into the case to find pressure. Still made decent speed and was accurate, but XBR is king.

All these ID handles and latest is the Juan.

Yes, varget gets crunchy even at 2.40 ish COAL with a drop tube. Still seems to shoot.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved

Yes, varget gets crunchy even at 2.40 ish COAL with a drop tube. Still seems to shoot.
Whoa whoa whoa, not to say it’s mine but I was the first with the ID handle amongst the wkr’s I’m pretty sure…

ID_Matt

WKR
You'll be crunching hard with Varget and the 75s, especially at standard tikka mag length. Even in the CTR at 2.424 I couldn't stuff enough into the case to find pressure. Still made decent speed and was accurate, but XBR is king.
I will have MDT mags that can load to 2.55 COAL, so the mags won't limit me but am afraid the short throat might

I'll admit, I was probably last to the party on the ID handle. I figured before I offended the almighty 223 WKR's, I would try and hide my real name as much as I could before my house got egged or something.

280Ackley

WKR
I will have MDT mags that can load to 2.55 COAL, so the mags won't limit me but am afraid the short throat might

I'll admit, I was probably last to the party on the ID handle. I figured before I offended the almighty 223 WKR's, I would try and hide my real name as much as I could before my house got egged or something.

As another Idaho guy, if you want a few 77TMK’s to try shoot me a a PM. I am just getting started on the 223 train too!!

Dobermann

WKR
KRG x-ray on the way with mdt mags. Going to try out an Arken scope for it. Not exactly going to be ultra light by any means!
If you're wanting light, why go for the X-Ray?

Why not put that into a better scope than an Arken ... or just ditch the Arken, and use the X-Ray for a comp gun build?

ID_Matt

WKR
If you're wanting light, why go for the X-Ray?

Why not put that into a better scope than an Arken ... or just ditch the Arken, and use the X-Ray for a comp gun build?
Don't necessarily want/need it to be super light. Most of my guns are chassis, so i wanted to stay with that trend and give the x-ray a try. As for the arken, I have heard good things and wanted to test one myself. This gun is likely going to spend more time shooting steel or varmints than it will hiking up a mountain.

Mulyhuntr

WKR

Short throat will limit you with Varget and 75eld. H4895 is 130fps faster with zero pressure signs.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
I'm currently on page 86 of this post. And I'm trying to read through the entire thread, but I have a question that may or may not have been covered already. I tried searching and couldn't quite find the answer in here.

.223 isn't legal here in Colorado for big game. I'm looking at getting either a .308 or a 6.5CM only calibers offered in the rifle I'm interested in buying. I can find 168gr TMK in .308 but no TMK offerings in the 6.5CM. Seems like the ELD-M would also be a suitable bullet choice in either caliber. If I go with the 6.5 the barrel has 1:8 and the .308 has a 1:10 twist. Is the 1:10 twist enough to stabilize the TMK in the .308?

I'm currently on page 86 of this post. And I'm trying to read through the entire thread, but I have a question that may or may not have been covered already. I tried searching and couldn't quite find the answer in here.

.223 isn't legal here in Colorado for big game. I'm looking at getting either a .308 or a 6.5CM only calibers offered in the rifle I'm interested in buying. I can find 168gr TMK in .308 but no TMK offerings in the 6.5CM. Seems like the ELD-M would also be a suitable bullet choice in either caliber. If I go with the 6.5 the barrel has 1:8 and the .308 has a 1:10 twist. Is the 1:10 twist enough to stabilize the TMK in the .308?
Just get the creedmoor. 130+ elds of all types are proven killers. Tmks are super hard to find in any useful configuration.