.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

SBR Sarge

FNG
Mods: This is a very interesting, informative thread, and several other conversations have arisen from it, some also quite informative.

Could the spin off conversations about non 223 cartridges and rifle systems and such be moved to their own thread?

brushape

WKR
Thought I’d add to this: decided to carry my ar loaded with some 77s on a recent pig hunt where I wasn’t too worried about taking a shot or not and was given an opportunity at a running shot after my friend took the initial shot at the feeding herd. The 77 did great work and the pig died right there despite less than ideal shot placement
bc40c60a66959e4895f924a0529f2eed.jpg

My was the brown one, the black one was shot with a 120ttsx from a 7mm-08 and ran about 50 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For you tikka 223 guys... what is the best/favorite budget suppressor to dedicate to your 223/tikka/6xswfa combo? Anything Under 10oz, less than 8 inches long, and under $600?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
For you tikka 223 guys... what is the best/favorite budget suppressor to dedicate to your 223/tikka/6xswfa combo? Anything Under 10oz, less than 8 inches long, and under $600?

There isn’t one that is less than 10oz that meets your other desires.

I haven't used one yet, but there is the Griffin Optimus Micro. I bought one in July and expect I still have a long time before it comes into my possession with the rate eforms are being approved. It will be louder than larger suppressors though.

There isn’t one that is less than 10oz that meets your other desires.
I Google it... and came up with a wyoming arms 4 squared and 5 squared ti suppressor, 4 and 5 oz respectively. Fits the bill price wise... just don't know how they would do on actual suppression. I read they claim to reduce 20db on a 300win. Anyone tried one on a 223? Anything else comparable?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I Google it... and came up with a wyoming arms 4 squared and 5 squared ti suppressor, 4 and 5 oz respectively. Fits the bill price wise... just don't know how they would do on actual suppression. I read they claim to reduce 20db on a 300win. Anyone tried one on a 223? Anything else comparable?

They are suppressors in name and legality only. Bluntly there is no way I would shoot one without ear pro on any CF. Legit supports that reduce the sound to hearing safe for impulse are going to be around 10oz and 6-8” long, and over $600. The least expensive one I have used that is actually a functional can is the JK Armaments one that is $450’ish and I think 11oz. It is a usable can.

NateTP38

Lil-Rokslider
They are suppressors in name and legality only. Bluntly there is no way I would shoot one without ear pro on any CF. Legit supports that reduce the sound to hearing safe for impulse are going to be around 10oz and 6-8” long, and over $600. The least expensive one I have used that is actually a functional can is the JK Armaments one that is $450’ish and I think 11oz. It is a usable can.
Do you have opinions on the SilencerCo Harvester? How does it compare to the JK?

This is one that comes very close to what you are looking for. https://www.silencershop.com/catalo...ategory/1/id/6172/s/silencerco-harvester-evo/

As Form stated, it is a fine can. It is good for what it is for, which is bench work or hunting. I have one of the original Harvesters and it works very well on my hunting rifles.

Stu

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, mistake on your part
Swap the rings around so the one without a hole goes at the front allowing it to move forward to the front of the dovetail
The ring with the hole goes over the rear pin
I'm an idiot. Thanks!