22 ARC

z987k

WKR
I've been having a great time messing around with the 22 ARC so far and have a couple bolt rifle builds in the works. Here is the full video breakdown of killing a moose with it this year:
That actually did less damage than I thought it would. What are you getting for MV from those?

CMP70306

WKR
20” gas gun. Aero throw together and a BA barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha, kicking around a short barrel gun for here in PA and since we can’t use semi auto pistols I’ve been back and forth between the 22 ARC and the 22 Creedmoor in a short bolt gun. Question then becomes do I go 22 ARC in an AR platform with a Solo 300 side charger or do I go with a standard short action in a chassis with 22 Creed. Most shots are 100 and under but we do have access to our buddies field which pushes 600 yards with deer, coyotes, groundhogs and crows on the menu.

Gotcha, kicking around a short barrel gun for here in PA and since we can’t use semi auto pistols I’ve been back and forth between the 22 ARC and the 22 Creedmoor in a short bolt gun. Question then becomes do I go 22 ARC in an AR platform with a Solo 300 side charger or do I go with a standard short action in a chassis with 22 Creed. Most shots are 100 and under but we do have access to our buddies field which pushes 600 yards with deer, coyotes, groundhogs and crows on the menu.

There are a lot of good options, and I’ve thought a lot about going that route with the 22cm. In a bolt gun you do have the advantage of loading to 62k pressures, and really, the 22cm just gets you an extra couple hundred yards of range…I think with a good bolt gun load you’d still be at or above 2k at 600 with the ARC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACHILLES

Lil-Rokslider
Cutting the barrel down to 12.5” on a ruger gen 2 22arc and running 75elds at 2850 with cfe223 handloads would make a nice short, light, low recoiling rig.

AZ_Hunter

WKR
Classified Approved
Cutting the barrel down to 12.5” on a ruger gen 2 22arc and running 75elds at 2850 with cfe223 handloads would make a nice short, light, low recoiling rig.
You think that velocity is legit? I haven’t looked at the numbers. But if that’s accurate, I will build one for a AZ rifle where there aren’t caliber restrictions.