2024 Cold Bore Challenge Q&A Thread

Shot day 2 last night and choked pretty hard.

Overall I’m 5/6 for cold bore shots. Last year was shooting a lot more and had easier access to a range basically in my neighborhood. I didn’t want to believe shooting was such a perishable skill…

Also the snakes were out in force last night! My buddy Rick almost got tagged by the same little rattlesnake..stepped over it twice once on the way in and again on the way out 😳

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Shot day 2 last night and choked pretty hard.

Overall I’m 5/6 for cold bore shots. Last year was shooting a lot more and had easier access to a range basically in my neighborhood. I didn’t want to believe shooting was such a perishable skill…

Also the snakes were out in force last night! My buddy Rick almost got tagged by the same little rattlesnake..stepped over it twice once on the way in and again on the way out 😳
I hope it's dead now.

I hope it's dead now.
Oh no…that baby is alive and well. Being a snake lover from a very young age I haven’t changed much at 64.
I was a little surprised to find that my friend, @willfrye027 is a bit of a Rattlesnake O Phob and was quite concerned with my playing with the little guy.
That may have more to do with him being an ER doctor and being on his day off, not really wanting to have to do work.

Antares

WKR
Zeroing and getting drops for a new 18" 6.5CM Tikka barrel in prep for the CBC. Eighty rounds through it so far and it's shooting pretty good. Posting video here just to make sure I remember how to do it before my CBC shots. Happy Friday!

image_cropper_1B1BC9E6-49CA-4F7A-A333-339BC04CBCB4-659-00000137E81EC8AC.JPG

eric1115

WKR
Still in! First shot at 720 today, barely on the 8" plate but a hit is a hit.

Page 1, post 2

The change from the braked 7mmRM to the suppressed .243AI has been an absolute success. Going in I had fears of lower BC/racing cartridges on paper, but there's zero question in my mind that this change has improved my ability to hit at long range.

Macintosh

WKR
Anyone having an issue with the cold bore thread crashing? Or is it me?
Iphone, it starts to load and get the below screen. All other pages here load normally.
IMG_4500.png

Macintosh

WKR
Thanks, stand-in IT dept folks! Guess I had a lot of windows open, that worked. With all the video
Links something was different about that thread, so hopefully this helps any other old luddite “computer as a second laguage” types.

Sad question, if we miss our two shots are we still qualified for an entry?(participation trophy)

Are we allowed to enter a different rifle in after our first two days?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Sad question, if we miss our two shots are we still qualified for an entry?(participation trophy)

Are we allowed to enter a different rifle in after our first two days?
It doesn't matter whether you hit the target or not. It's a challenge, not a contest.

You can only enter once.

You get the entry still. But more importantly, time to reconsider MER and practice! Always a good excuse to put more rounds down range!
My claimed MER was definitely a stretch. I shoot that distance and further a few times a year, and I was overconfident due to a recent successful outing. I’ll definitely be incorporating some more constructive practice.