2023 Wyoming Elk Draw Results

rodney482

WKR
How in the fkty fk did 4 not draw in GeN this year!! Damn all the people affecting point creep! Some BS for damn sure! Im a little pissed right now. I see now a lot of us didnt draw with 4.
It didnt draw 2 yrs ago 100%… I had 4 and missed out

southLA

WKR
How in the fkty fk did 4 not draw in GeN this year!! Damn all the people affecting point creep! Some BS for damn sure! Im a little pissed right now. I see now a lot of us didnt draw with 4.
Are you not happy that more people are hunting? It's good for you.

Laramie

WKR
You guys that drew a general tag, you need to treat it like a 10+ preference point hunt. Commit and spend as much time as you can because you probably won't draw it again for a very long time.

There are over 100,000 hunters with either 1, 2, or 3 preference points going into the draw this year. Add another 50k that will buy this year and it gets a bit ridiculous. The vast majority of them are hoping for the general tag. It's going to take a long time to work through those numbers... Maybe 20+ years if tag numbers stay the same and everyone stays the course.
1684243004984.png

My brother in law and me drew our general tags, we averaged 5 points I believe. First time we'll be elk hunting Wyoming. Congrats and good luck to everyone who drew.

Burnt points last year, turned around and drew a cow tag with my 13 year old boy. To make it a touch sweeter, grandpa and my brother (who my son has an awesome relation ship with) struck out on first choice but picked up a cow tag second choice in the adjoining unit and we will share camp together and commute just a few miles to hunt in our respective units!

First time Elk hunter here. My group from Georgia drew tags for Wyoming! Headed to the Thorofare the last week in September 2023! Tips for newbies appreciated
Tip #1 discuss with your guide what your expectations are, what his expectations of you are, what you should be planning for, and what kind of shape you need to be in for the hunt.

Tip #2 take an elk you're happy with and don't let others tell you it's not big enough for your area!

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
You guys that drew a general tag, you need to treat it like a 10+ preference point hunt. Commit and spend as much time as you can because you probably won't draw it again for a very long time.

There are over 100,000 hunters with either 1, 2, or 3 preference points going into the draw this year. Add another 50k that will buy this year and it gets a bit ridiculous. The vast majority of them are hoping for the general tag. It's going to take a long time to work through those numbers... Maybe 20+ years if tag numbers stay the same and everyone stays the course.
View attachment 554332
Where do you pull this report from?