2023 Official Western Hunting Expo thread

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
F5354ED2-8C05-4DCC-87D8-F749C408B32A.jpeg
29B88199-9BF2-448E-A429-9E4322CE2738.jpeg
Christensen Arms booth @les welch is reviewing one of these. He’s actually had some problems with it so we’re getting that straightened out. It’ll be in the review.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
@robby denning

Have you seen any conversation or recognition of the struggle mule deer are going through right now in regards to weather while you are there? All those influencer types are there I'm sure, any acknowledgment about leaving deer alone in regards to shed hunting?

I'm seeing Facebook posts here is SD of people out pushing the herds in the snow to get sheds. Just sucks.
I haven’t seen it here, but I have seen it on social media. But not from any influencer I can think of, just more from regular guys like me telling people give them a break!

Talking to a lot of guys, many of them are not worried about the winter conditions now so much as I am. I guess we’re gonna see

svivian

WKR
@robby denning

Have you seen any conversation or recognition of the struggle mule deer are going through right now in regards to weather while you are there? All those influencer types are there I'm sure, any acknowledgment about leaving deer alone in regards to shed hunting?

I'm seeing Facebook posts here is SD of people out pushing the herds in the snow to get sheds. Just sucks.
Going over soldier pass today saw two guys coming out with deer sheds in hand….

TheTone

WKR
View attachment 511942

View attachment 511945
Wow, they already have this buck framed in the Mossback booth. I think his name is King, and this far as I know he still alive.
From some things I saw recent photogs thought he was looking skinny and were afraid he may not making. Of course they weren’t so afraid that they would give them a break trying to get their photo ops

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Stone glacier has completed their skin to shell shell system with five new gloves/mittens
7469AC3C-E221-4E37-B507-A6E0122ABBD1.jpeg
55589EAF-6E29-47D2-8BAF-ACE82FC74AAE.jpeg

And I’m telling you guys, they stole my idea, their gloves system includes a removable liner just like a pac boot

ABEA6457-AFF8-422B-B15F-65F00265C299.jpeg
This was the Primaloft liner, but there are other options, including Merino

524256E5-65B9-4A98-B83B-C61CC9630820.jpeg

Also..
Lightweight Grumman jacket, down, same insulation, but 3 ounces less than the Late Season Grumman
image.jpg

And Cirque Lite is their best seller, lighter version of Gen-1, all season, active piece, with body-mapping
image.jpg
image.jpg

And just for shits and giggles, let’s put a hood on a vest. Cirque vest
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 29

hunterjmj

WKR
We had a great time again in Salt Lake. Spent way too much money but had a fantastic time. Never saw the legendary Denning but we saw a ton of great bucks, met some great people, and the kids had a great time. The wife enjoyed the city creek mall and the food was great. Looking forward to next year. Rokslide should do a meet and greet one of the nights somewhere next year.