2023 OFFICIAL ELK MEAT POLE THREAD

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
Nice bull, How do you like those Iron Will broadheads? I was going to switch to them next year.
It's the only fixed blade I use for deer and elk since they came out 6-7 years ago. The vented version flies incredibly well. They are sharp as hell and tough as nails. I get passthroughs 100% of the time unless it's a frontal.

TravKatQ

WKR
2023 Nevada bull
a39cc8971a90ea4d4a75dde7bcb3fcae.jpg

da7d53ccab8c738d8a6646cde1fbff59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kjw

WKR
IMG_6311.jpegIMG_6419.jpeg
Last hunt of my year. It was a low density unit but was able to turn up a couple bulls and after a tricky stalk I found myself at 125 yds from this bull bedded in the cedars. After waiting him out for a couple hours he tried sneaking out the back door and into my shooting lane. One shot and he made it 50 yds. First elk with a muzzle loader and by far my biggest. Congrats to everyone that was able to tag out this year

GSPHUNTER

WKR
View attachment 630157View attachment 630158
Last hunt of my year. It was a low density unit but was able to turn up a couple bulls and after a tricky stalk I found myself at 125 yds from this bull bedded in the cedars. After waiting him out for a couple hours he tried sneaking out the back door and into my shooting lane. One shot and he made it 50 yds. First elk with a muzzle loader and by far my biggest. Congrats to everyone that was able to tag out this year
Great bull.

Reactions: kjw

Rogue Bay

WKR
That’s a heck of a bull! Congrats!

Reactions: kjw

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s my “Stumpy” cow elk

Chased a few different herds in the morning, finally got a shot opportunity and blew it. Worked hard to get another one and it came together.

I ended up shooting a cow out of a herd of 200ish. She dropped, got back up and rejoined the stampede out of the area.

I caught back up to him another 2 miles (closer to the truck!) later and glassed the whole herd for over half an hour and could not make out which cow I had shot. I found one that was limping pretty good and thought that was it, so I took another shot and dropped it. Turns out it was a different cow that was missing the lower 8” of its back leg.

I had 2 tags so I ended my hunt there. This cow isn’t very old, might be 2.5 years old but super thin and emaciated. She wouldn’t have made the winter here.

IMG_2346.jpeg

Brooks051

Lil-Rokslider
What did this bull measure?