Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Cool, I’ll see about camping at haystack too, looks like I’ll be most likely making the trip solo. May see if my grandpa wants to tag along for the ride. 🤷‍♂️
We're going to be in one of the group camps. I would invite you to join us, but I heard a few days ago that we are full.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
We're going to be in one of the group camps. I would invite you to join us, but I heard a few days ago that we are full.
Appreciate that but no worries, I’m sure I can find a spot to setup my Kodiak. If not I’ll have the cot and the bed of my pickup works in a pinch. 😂

seand

Lil-Rokslider
For those that have been to a bunch of these or shot with kids, do kids need to pack their own tripod, bags,glass etc or can you share with your kid? I’m not clear on what the adult is allowed to help with

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
For those that have been to a bunch of these or shot with kids, do kids need to pack their own tripod, bags,glass etc or can you share with your kid? I’m not clear on what the adult is allowed to help with
Here's my answer, If I'm understanding your question correctly.

If the kid is shooting skills, you can shoot first and then they can use your gear and you can help them out.

Last year there was a father and daughter that shared everything including rifle. Both were shooting skills.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They are pretty lenient with kids even if they are shooting for score. All of the matches I have been to kids can use their parents binos and spotters you just take it down to them after you are done shooting. You can help guide them into where the targets are, help them with dope etc. On the parents side its more of how much do you want them to figure out on their own and how much do you want to guide them. I have watched some parents basically do it all except shoot and some say nope your on your own! Neither is better than the other it all depends on how competent the kids are with a rifle! I have shot a couple of matches with a dad and his two kids. I typically shoot first and then the dad goes. While dads shooting I get all my stuff to the next stage so I can help them out. Some stages I would sit in the back with my binos and just guide the boys on wind calls if they missed (hasn't been an issue). On other stages where there's less room I will wait until the first one is done and help him get his stuff to the next stage while the other brother is shooting. They both shoot the same rifle and use the same binos so it makes it a little easier. At the end of the day those kids are just out there to have some fun and learn so the more we help and encourage them the better their experience is! Helping them out is almost more fun than shooting the match!

seand

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info. She is shooting for score, and has a do it herself mindset so we will see how it goes. But glad I can share a rangefinder

Nicodez

FNG
Myself and two buddies will be at the Lilly’s match in June. Excited for what they have in store. Only my 3rd NRL but ready to better myself from last time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk