2022 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Oh that's a good point! I forgot about the different speed differences of each bow. They also have the turbo as well.
Yeah 8fps faster. The Turbo shoots nice but they used the RX5 riser that still has the aluminum end caps and extra tube so I didn't go with that one. If the Turbo had the new riser I would have gotten that for sure. I'm guessing next year they will have a speed bow with the new riser. I buy at least 1 new bow a year and if so I'll be getting one.

huntnful

WKR
Yeah 8fps faster. The Turbo shoots nice but they used the RX5 riser that still has the aluminum end caps and extra tube so I didn't go with that one. If the Turbo had the new riser I would have gotten that for sure. I'm guessing next year they will have a speed bow with the new riser. I buy at least 1 new bow a year and if so I'll be getting one.
Thank you for that info! I really appreciate it!

I have my VXR shooting money right now, and some pretty legit archery hunts coming up, so I don't want to make any drastic changes this year. I'll get into a shop and shoot them next year for sure. I know the improvements from my RX1 to the RX4 were unreal. So I'm sure the RX7 and nexts year RX8 would be unbelievable.

Gorp2007

WKR
Finally done, went better than I’d expected but disappointed that I dropped the ball on the last day. Now I can get around to breaking in my new press by swapping my strings and getting everything retuned!

Thanks again to the mods and sponsors who make this all possible!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
2022 CBC is done for me #71. Went 4/5. Overall I cannot complain, between swapping strings and going back and forth between 2 arrow setups days before it started I sighted in and went with it. My shots were good especially since we seemed to have an over abundance of wind during this. Glad I was able to participate and now I can really buckle down and get everything fine tuned for the fall.

That shot in 27mph wind was really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT257

WKR
That shot in 27mph wind was really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When it’s at your back I feel you have a bit of a wind block so to say. I’d guess that would have been different if it was a into the wind or cross wind.

Well, like I said, I don't have the time to go find somewhere to push my MER of 30 yds. So instead I'll just post my first shot of the day here. I did try to up the difficulty level for the rokslide crew:
Recurve is a Black Widow PMA, 43@32" with a 475 grain BE Renegade. 20 yards, kneeling, with a bareshaft. I'm not satisfied with anything outside the small yellow circle on the rinehart 18:1:

Guess I'm not satisfied today... Shot broke clean, but I can tell my core stability isn't great when shooting from my knees. Bareshaft flew straight though, which is always tricky on cold shots with a stickbow.
RokBowDay1.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well, like I said, I don't have the time to go find somewhere to push my MER of 30 yds. So instead I'll just post my first shot of the day here. I did try to up the difficulty level for the rokslide crew:
Recurve is a Black Widow PMA, 43@32" with a 475 grain BE Renegade. 20 yards, kneeling, with a bareshaft. I'm not satisfied with anything outside the small yellow circle on the rinehart 18:1:

Guess I'm not satisfied today... Shot broke clean, but I can tell my core stability isn't great when shooting from my knees. Bareshaft flew straight though, which is always tricky on cold shots with a stickbow.
View attachment 409767
Welcome to the unofficial CBC thread. Still good practice.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for that info! I really appreciate it!

I have my VXR shooting money right now, and some pretty legit archery hunts coming up, so I don't want to make any drastic changes this year. I'll get into a shop and shoot them next year for sure. I know the improvements from my RX1 to the RX4 were unreal. So I'm sure the RX7 and nexts year RX8 would be unbelievable.
Central Calif? Are you close to Sacramento?

View attachment 409767

Might not be too far, but a bareshaft right out the gate with a stickbow takes cajones.

My release is usually rusted up a bit, takes a few shots to really get it lubed up.

Same setup as yesterday. Kneeling, bareshaft, 20 yards. Since this isn't the official thread, I went ahead and shot more arrows yesterday. I've always been vocal that stick bow shooters will stump shoot while hunting, so a true 5 arrows in 5 days challenge isn't accurate for hunting.

Anyways, I focused on bracing my core before this shot, and surprise, surprise, I felt steadier!
RokBowDay2.jpg

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Robbie I am thinking of doing another CBC with my backup bow and fixed blades. Is it ok to post on my CBC post or should I just keep it to myself?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Robbie I am thinking of doing another CBC with my backup bow and fixed blades. Is it ok to post on my CBC post or should I just keep it to myself?
thanks for clarifying but no. Only way to shoot two bows in the CBC is a trad & compound.

I've got a 3D shoot coming up on Sunday... if the main challenge doesn't hurry up and fill up I may have to jump in next week. It's almost annoying how slow it's filling up!

I've got a 3D shoot coming up on Sunday... if the main challenge doesn't hurry up and fill up I may have to jump in next week. It's almost annoying how slow it's filling up!

Saturday after next for me.

Should still have time, averaging a new shooter every few days, robby might go ahead and close it early tho, save me some embarrassment.

A buddy of mine challenged me to up my difficulty. So I did ten burpees (it's not a burpee if there isn't a pushup involved), then shot this bareshaft at 20 yards. Didn't take a knee this time though. I think I'm gonna call that a wrap on my informal challenge. I know darn well my MER is further than 20 yards.
RokBowDay3.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ya, there should be openings. Now that most people are working again, it’s easier to get it.

@Billy Goat no plan to close early. We can handle all 150 shooters if it fills.