2021 bird season

jmez

WKR
Another one.
7b1915eee88c63fd37e65ea0c6710377.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

OP
Nickziegler
Huns are hit and miss every year, but got into them a couple times this year.
Are you able to post another picture? For Some reason I can't see it. I would love to hunt huns one day. Unfortunantly not many are found in wisconsin any longer. Very cool birds though!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Are you able to post another picture? For Some reason I can't see it. I would love to hunt huns one day. Unfortunantly not many are found in wisconsin any longer. Very cool birds though!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Sorry, IDK why it didnt go through.

Mosby

WKR
Had to cancel a trip to SD this past week due to a medical issue that ended up a bit worse than expected and a good amount of caution to avoid having to go through another surgery. Those needles hurt like hell.

Go back to the Dr on Jan 5th for a check up and hopefully approval to make a trip back to SD before the season closes.

cruizer

Lil-Rokslider
Went through the thread but didn’t see any posts from New England states. I traveled back to Vermont for deer season and stayed for the ML season, and brought my shotgun with the hopes of doing a little grouse hunting between rifle and ML season. Hunted the 16 days of rifle and never flushed one partridge, and never saw one. I know they are cyclical, but I’m wondering what has happened to the grouse population in the Northeast? Needless to say, I never took the shotgun out. Any Northeast guys still bird hunting or have any insight? Thanks.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
My little guy is having a great first year. Couldn't ask for better. He runs really well with other dogs and his confidence is growing. No wild birds yet but if I don't get him on any this winter I'll definitely take a few trips next year to Eastern CO and Nebraska. I need to take more pictures and also figure out how to get him to sit so calmly next to a pile of dead ones.

PXL_20210911_141403347.jpgPXL_20211011_161011730.MP-2.jpg

hobbes

WKR
I won't have my hunting truck for the remainder of the duck season. I will be using a 4-Runner and looking for some ideas on hauling decoys (about 1 hour drive on highway). I was looking at the Pak-Mule hitch add on to strap a few dozen bags of decoys on there as inside is pretty full with kennel, waders, bags, gun etc. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations?
Have you looked at rooftop carriers.

TristanJH

Lil-Rokslider
Progress has been decent, despite less-than-stellar bird numbers. Slippery late-season roosters and cold water have been hard on the pup, so we're both all too happy to be switching focus to partridge.IMG_4811.jpgIMG_5260.jpgIMG_5385.jpg

Last edited: