2019 Swaro El 10x42 around 1k or New B6 10x50 Maven 1k?

Maven. I used to be squarely in the Swaro camp, but them I did some comparisons. It falls dead last for me amongst all the Alpha and Alpha-B class binos.

I am very pleased with an older set of swaro ELs, very easy on my eyes.

When I was shopping for bigger 15x or 18x the maven B5 didn't work for my eyes and side by side outdoor glassing I liked a pair of 15 SLCs notably more when I was hoping to like the B5s (so I returned those). But I wear contacts and someone mentioned the fluorite glass may be finicky, not sure if there is any credence to it. Aside from being finicky with my eyes the depth of view was shallower (so I felt like you had to refocus to look at something 1/2mi away vs 1mi away where) and focus seemed faster (thus harder to hit the sweet spot). No clue how that would be relevant or not with the B6, those were just my one instance of swaro/maven of a similar model side by side. But the B6 isn't the B5...

It looks like those B6 are ED rather than fluorite so that would take away that concern from me. Any chance you can get both side by side? You can certainly get and return the Maven's but not sure about the used swaro situation.

I really like that historically you can get a set of swaro's rebuild fairly affordably, I think my ELs are 2012s (maybe older?) off memory that were rebuild before I got them a few years ago. I imagine maven would offer something similar though?

So it turns out the El's were not exactly as advertised nor around a $1000, so I had to pass. Still not sure what to do. I'm sure the Swaros are better I just don't know how much better $. I can get a new pair of 10x42 for around $1900 out the door. I'm not 100% on how the warranty works if they have been previously registered. If I can get used ones for 1500-1800 but the warranty is void because I'm not the original owner. So then why not go new? Any guidance on this is welcome. I just recently bought a Kowa scope 773 so my funds are lower otherwise I probably would just pucker up and go NL's.
Also, any tips on the best bag for the buck back pack would be great. My boy drew out for another elk permit. We usually bow hunt but have been fortunate to draw out the last 3 years and have been able to get a 4 wheeler to the animals. I'm a fairly robust guy so not all back packs are created equal if you know what I mean.

Swarovski warranty is transferrable, if the previous owner doesn't contact Swarovski to let them know that they were sold, then you can try and register them and they will contact the previous owner. Never had a problem registering a used pair personally.

Swarovski warranty is transferrable, if the previous owner doesn't contact Swarovski to let them know that they were sold, then you can try and register them and they will contact the previous owner. Never had a problem registering a used pair personally.
So would you go with used for 1600-1800 or just buy new at 1900?

As long as they are the newest generation, have good communication with the seller and plenty of quality pictures of the condition of the binos, then used in the $1600-$1700 range would be good, you start getting within $100 of new, then go the new route. If the used ones have an Outdoorsmans stud installed, that's even better, it would cost you over $100 to ship them and have it installed.

Back