2014 Arizona Semi-Live Hunt with Bowuntr and RosinBag

bowuntr

WKR
Frustrating... long drive and nasty quad ride for nada. I have not yet seen a mule deer I'd like to shoot. Been seeing some whopper Coues bucks. Crunch time... gonna have to switch it up. Tomorrow some arrows are gonna fly... might settle for a smaller buck with the recurve. Ed F

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
So today was up and down. I tried getting on some deer this morning as they were heading to their beds, but no luck.

Then it got into some javelina and tried getting to cute. Got right into their kitchen, and they ended up having me for lunch. Called them all back several times, but would never sit still for a shot.

Then the evening had me on another stock pond. About 30 deer bedded up the hill about 1000 yards away. They eventually came I to water in groups of 7-10, but only two little bucks came in and I passed on them. The two bigger bucks wouldn't come in any closer than about 150. I guess when it gets dark they will come water.

Ed and Tom spotted some nice coues bucks, but didn't have any opportunities at them.

Tomorrow is our last day and I have plans to kill a buck and a javelina. I have had the same plan for the last 7 days though.

It can happen in a flash though..

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good luck tomorrow guys! I hope your persistence will pay off...

Id love to hear more on these coues;)

bowuntr

WKR
This should have been a Coues deer hunt... seen more trophy Coues bucks than I ever have. Today I saw a buck that will forever be burned in my memory... one of those bucks I'll never forget. Tomorrow morning I'll be on top of the mountain with him. Gonna be tough to sleep tonight... Ed F

bowuntr

WKR
Prime time... passed on a 2 point... saw another good one... fingers are crossed... and Broncos are winning... Ed F

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
8 days of hunting came and went quick. I passed on two small bucks early and saw a few new ones hanging out with the does.

I did watch one buck get up and take a tree and challenge three new bucks that showed up. Pretty interesting posturing when all four were fairly small.

We leave tomorrow morning at about 7am. I will have about a 16 hour drive to think about not filling a tag.

None the less I will be back next year...

Shot

FNG
Really enjoyed the pics. Congrats to the hunter and thanks for sharing.

Wished you nailed one with the recurve Ed, that would of been so sweet!