2014 Arizona Semi-Live Hunt with Bowuntr and RosinBag

bowuntr

WKR
Oh my... that was fun.... I was sitting right next to Tom when he let the arrow fly. Bowhunting is fun.... congrats buddy. Ed F

Slim Jim

WKR
Very cool congrats! It's not easy stalking them bucks with all the eyes and ears of the does. I just got back from my area and skunked again. I had stalks everyday on nice bucks but busted every time.

66yrds on this one but when I got ready for shot, a doe caught movement and blew the whole dozen + does along with the buck.
45E17D3A-C989-42DE-B22F-4614C25279A8-1566-0000016F749AF8E4_zps5568e243.jpg

BDC16620-3FEE-46D8-822D-3C18B724F574-1566-0000016F76DEE2FC_zps6ffd443f.jpg

Good luck you guys!

JNDEER

WKR
Congrats Tom!

Ed and Doug, best of luck tomorrow.

Ed, you using the new bow?

bowuntr

WKR
Yep Josh... Sweet Alyce is laying right next to me. Gonna get javalina tags tomorrow. I stalked a couple nice Coues bucks today. Got close but no shots... tomorrow... We had a 12 hour non stop day today... no real big bucks.... tomorrow it's game on. Ed F

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Day 2 starting. Little bit cooler this morning, 20 degrees out and about 10 mph winds. Probably going to take a mid day break and run into town and buy javelina tags today.

Going to lose cell service, so I will update a little later.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well the wind was significant. It seemed to have the deer holding tight to cover with the exception of one group we located. It had a couple if bucks in it but no shooters.

We packed it in and are going to get javelina tags, put Toms buck in a freezer, get some lunch and head back out for the evening.

I will keep updating as I can....

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Day 2 concludes with no blood drawn. We located the decent 3 point at about 4 and I dogged him around for about an hour and a half. I was stuck about 150 yards for some time and couldn't close the distance. There were 23 deer in this group including three bucks.

We are going to give this spot a rest and hunt another area tomorrow.

Until then....

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I've been meaning to get caught up on this. Great thread guys, looks like a hoot, THANKS for taking the time for us. Now I won't be able to get away from the computer. Doug, I need the coordinates on this:

We didn't get a half mile from the truck and we were into deer and bucks.

So we were in deer all day, just about every where we looked and bucks in just about every group.

We also saw every thing they had to offer, javelina, mule deer and coues deer.

Slimjim, I remember your hunt last year at this time. very exciting, too. Hope you stick the buck of your dreams.

bowuntr

WKR
Just finished dinner... bbq 'ed Alaskan halibut, mushrooms and onions. Gotta get nourished... big day tomorrow... stand by. Ed F

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
This morning we went an area that is just a so so kind of an area. We had seen some deer in the past there, so we had to check on it.

It turned out to be terrible this year, but if we didn't check it we would have always wondered.

After the morning disappointment, we headed south to an area Drhorsepower (Travis) took me last year. We are currently sitting half way up the side if a mountain waiting for the deer to jump out of their beds.

Hopefully we find some bucks tonight....