2013 Elk Meatpole

Randle

WKR
Way to go Ross, Man how do ever find sheds with all the bulls you kill.
Congrats on a great year.

BTH

FNG
Jeeeez Ross, way to go old man. hehe :) (me feeling jealous right now is an understatement) 3 stud bulls in one year!!! Pretty soon the Idaho and Montana F&G are going to include a Ross tag for every wolf tag purchased. ;) But seriously congrats you're having a once in a lifetime season!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks bth is was a blessed season and I still have a smile on my face:) feel very fortunate and glad the body held up, only had to drain the knee once and a 2nd attempt failed so I just chomped down on some extra naproxen and got it dun.....thankfully my wife was still around after the season was complete.

GOnDEEP

Lil-Rokslider
Well better late than never. Who knew work could stack up so deep while a guy was chasing elk for 10 days :confused:. First off, there are some good looking bulls up in these previous ten pages, congrats everyone on the benefits of your hard work. Ross, you just seem to keep out doing yourself. I heard rumor the only reason your wife was still at home was because she knew you were going to have to build a bigger house to fit all your new trophies and that meant walk in closet for her. Well done buddy. I had a pretty decent season this year. Although every year is a success whether the freezer says so or not, just being able to see the sights and sounds of the great outdoors is an accomplishment in itself every year as we only have so many to experience in a lifetime. I happened to pull a few bulls in close enough this archery season for two of my good buddies to fling a few arrows and fill their freezers. After all that sweat had dried I still had a bull tag burning a hole in my pocket. Conditions during this year’s rilfe season were a test to say the least. I may have worked the hardest I ever have looking for a big mature bull over the course the season. As the season started to come to an end and bulls remaining scarce I decided I better not be too picky. Although not my biggest bull to date it sure was one of the most memorable. One of the biggest reasons this hunt was so memorable was that I was also able to share this hunt with my old man who also killed a bull that same morning. Both bulls were lying ~75 yards apart when all the lead stopped flying.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Darn good season Nick and nice photos....congrats to you and your dad! Even my wife laughed at those comments:)

Xtorminator

Lil-Rokslider
A little late season meat.

pahuzu4a.jpg

jerinmn

FNG
2013-09-02_08-39-20_713.jpgpics of elk country and eruo mount 038.jpg

this is my first elk, killed 03sept13, hunting solo, DIY, OTC, I called this bull to me. bugled waited 30 sec and light chuckles. from calling to arrow flying= 1 min