2 weeks from desert sheep opener.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8-15-23
  • Start date

Hnthrdr

WKR
I lean that way too.

I would like to add that I saw similar behavior in all generations but it seemed to be the most prevalent in the boomer generation.
Theory on this: parents were greatest generation, lots of WW2 vets, they were too young for vietnam, didn’t really have any great struggles, arguably a pretty easy road. So have to be the best at everything since they lived in the shadow of some of the greatest Americans in history

Theory on this: parents were greatest generation, lots of WW2 vets, they were too young for vietnam, didn’t really have any great struggles, arguably a pretty easy road. So have to be the best at everything since they lived in the shadow of some of the greatest Americans in history
Naaaaah, they're just drunken blowhards.

CorbLand

WKR
I have some theories on the "why" as well but I dont want to start the argument.

Tmac

WKR
Based on a thorough AI analysis of his internet ramblings we can now say with 87.625% confidence he is actually Walter Mitty’s son. Now the fact that 82.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot should in no way take away any credibility from the confidence score.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I've pumped up a story or two while intoxicated, but I have zero B&C animals, no property in whitetail heaven nor do I have any business involving a tuna boat.

I have some theories on the "why" as well but I dont want to start the argument.
I really think it's not growing up with Google and the internet. My step dad is 73 and when he first got with my mom he would have all these fantastical tails. I would search stuff up and show him how I knew he was full of bull or exaggerating. Slowly he stopped or slowed down at least once he realized it was easy to Google stuff.

CorbLand

WKR
I really think it's not growing up with Google and the internet. My step dad is 73 and when he first got with my mom he would have all these fantastical tails. I would search stuff up and show him how I knew he was full of bull or exaggerating. Slowly he stopped or slowed down at least once he realized it was easy to Google stuff.
My least controversial theory is that they are trying to remain relevant in a rapidly changing world and that the things that their generation held up as important are not being recognized by younger generations. This leads them to not understand how to remain relevant and revered like previous elder generations were.

If you want my more controversial ones, PM me.

SDHNTR

WKR
Oh, I am fine. I feel bad for you, living in California and all.

*sarcasm, kind of*
I’m fine too. No need to feel sorry for me, I live here by choice. It’s not all bad. I’ve learned to ignore the politics and the whackos and enjoy the natural beauty. SD is also a far cry from LA or SF. Much less lib here. I can also catch tuna and dorado in the morning and hunt deer in the mountains that same evening, all within 60 miles. And the high is 75 with a low of 65. If you need to live near a metropolitan area, it’s a very nice place to live.

SDHNTR

WKR
When I first got with my wife she had a fantastical tail too. Then kids…

fwafwow

WKR
I’m fine too. No need to feel sorry for me, I live here by choice. It’s not all bad. I’ve learned to ignore the politics and the whackos and enjoy the natural beauty. SD is also a far cry from LA or SF. Much less lib here. I can also catch tuna and dorado in the morning and hunt deer in the mountains that same evening, all within 60 miles. And the high is 75 with a low of 65. If you need to live near a metropolitan area, it’s a very nice place to live.
You have a spare bedroom?