143 ELD-X blew up on the shoulder?

Sure thing.

Bullet placement is not all that matters. Bullet placement, plus bullet construction and impact velocity is what matters.

Some bullets create very destructive wound channels at a given velocity, others do not. A .22 cal 77TMK at 1800 FPS creates a wound channel sufficient to kill pretty much anything in north America. A 55 FMJ does not. A 40 grain .22LR also does not.

"Energy doesn't matter" means that a 108 ELDM at 1800 FPS produces a better wound channel than a .30 cal TSX at 1800 FPS despite having way way less energy.

Different bullets create different wound channels at different velocities, and the amount of energy a bullet has tells virtually nothing about what those wound channels look like.

Suggesting that the logical conclusion of this argument is that a .22LR is a good big game cartridge indicates that you have no understanding of what is being discussed. Your arguments are either bad faith, or grossly uninformed. Either way, you should stop what you're doing. Either disengage with the shit stirring, or stop arguing from a 3rd grader's level of understanding until you have a better grasp of what is being discussed.

Brown bear taken with a 223, ran no further than another brown taken at the same spot with a 338 WM.
Oh, nobody does? You would be incredibly wrong. Here are tons of facts to back it up that you are wrong!

Thread '.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.'
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/223-for-bear-mountain-goat-deer-elk-and-moose.130488/

Thread '6mm /.243 hunting success on Big Game'
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/6mm-243-hunting-success-on-big-game.284525/

Thread '6.5 Creedmoor/260 for Deer, Elk, and whatever else.....'
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/6-5-creedmoor-260-for-deer-elk-and-whatever-else.244973/

The cope is off the charts. I agree most people are recoil sensitive, but that doesnt mean the 6.5cm is ballistically superior to a 270 or 300 win mag.

But cool, now put your money where your mouth is and go on an elephant hunt with a 22cm, or even a 6.5cm, no back up gun for anyone. Ill even donate to a gofund me for that.

This was part of the first message in this thread

Second.

Third.

Who’s insulting / deriding / challenging intellect, while exhibiting an inability to spell…
Ever heard of autocorrect??? Sorry, im not wasting too much time on a bunch of meme hunters that cant even do basic math and deductive reasoning. All because they dont wanna admit theyre scared of recoil.

But dont worry your wifes boyfriend uses a 300 Win mag

eric1115

WKR
The cope is off the charts. I agree most people are recoil sensitive, but that doesnt mean the 6.5cm is ballistically superior to a 270 or 300 win mag.

But cool, now put your money where your mouth is and go on an elephant hunt with a 22cm, or even a 6.5cm, no back up gun for anyone. Ill even donate to a gofund me for that.

You either have reading comprehension of a 9 year old and confidence of a college sophomore, or you're a troll. Either way, please rethink your life. You're on my ignore list now.

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
Trying to figure out why you reverted to hunting elephant with a 22 CM. We weren’t discussing elephants, we were discussing deer and bear. A whole different story.

But to make your point, Bell shot hundreds of elephants with the 7x57.

Just remember, YOU were the one that stirred this up. We were discussing a potential malfunction of a bullet, not what caliber to use, until you derailed things. I’d suggest you start a different thread for that.

Hnthrdr

WKR

Wow a 270?! So a 150 grain going at 2600-2800 fps vs a nearly identical bore pushing a 147 or 140 bullet at 2600-2750 velocities. Man im sure that extra 3 grn and 50 fps make all the difference… man just bow out you are being silly

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved

So, when it turns out that some of us do hunt browns with a 223 (which you stated nobody did, remember that) you move the goal posts. I feel oddly like I'm dealing with inmate cons again, or borderline patients in the ED. I prefer burning buildings and bears, both are more predictable and actually fun to deal with.

Its a post on rokslide that is potentially slightly critical of the 2 most important things to rokslide...6.5cms to avoid that dastardly recoil!!! And the Hornaday ELDX, which is a target bullet with a make over. Of course its gonna be a cope fest, Form is absolutely ass ravaged, talking about holes and stuff that dont exist. Never underestimate the power of copium
No, the .223 with 77 gr tmk***

If you listen to Seth from the Hornady podcast, he will tell you that the bullet functions from velocity, not energy. So the manufacturer knows how their product works when they are the one that designs and tests it. Also, it’s Hornady, not Hornaday.
Seth literally talked about Bullets energy dumping because of expansion on a podcast today.

Oh, one more thing. The Hornady team and Horizon firearms just got back from Africa testing 22 ARC and 22 Creed on animals out to 550 yards, including a kudu, and zebra I believe.
Yes, and then went out of their way to not recommend it for game bigger than black bears, and said warthogs soaked up bullets from them.

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
Seth literally talked about Bullets energy dumping because of expansion on a podcast today.
He did, but he wasn’t saying that’s what makes the bullet work. You left out where he said the ELD-X will work down to 1600 FPS. No energy numbers given!

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes, and then went out of their way to not recommend it for game bigger than black bears, and said warthogs soaked up bullets from them.
Emphasis on recommend. Regardless of his recommendations, what about the 450 page thread about success on big game? That thread is fact, not a recommendation, not a feeling, not a hope. A straight fact.

Emphasis on recommend. Regardless of his recommendations, what about the 450 page thread about success on big game? That thread is fact, not a recommendation, not a feeling, not a hope. A straight fact.
I’m not gonna argue about your book anymore than I’m gonna argue with the ones that show up at my house with theirs.

OP
Harvey_NW

Harvey_NW

WKR
But it's aNeCdOtAl.. If it was a 338 Remchesterby shit kicking magnum (props to the member that coined that term, can't remember now) thread, it would be full of "well, duh" and we wouldn't hear about the ones that got away. But in a 223/6mm/6.5 kill thread it's full of well duh's and the magnum guys say "BUT YOU AIN POSTIN THE ONES THA GOT AWAY!" when it's probably similar numbers. It's a funny dynamic.

Bowfinn

FNG
Wow a 270?! So a 150 grain going at 2600-2800 fps vs a nearly identical bore pushing a 147 or 140 bullet at 2600-2750 velocities. Man im sure that extra 3 grn and 50 fps make all the difference… man just bow out you are being silly
Don’t forget the 0.013 inch diameter difference. I think that makes the biggest difference.