10mm's that can handle Buffalo Bore

BjornF16

WKR
My Gen 3 shoots BB Outdoorsman just fine. That said, I upgraded spring and went to KKM barrel just in case.

I had to have my Kimber 1911 10mm worked over by my gunsmith because it was jamming all the time, even with 180 gr FMJ.

Never had an issue with my Colt Delta Elite

My FN510 has shot around 100 BB 220's with 0 issues... it's my #1 reliable 10mm right now. Online reviews seem to be positive as well.

Glock has also been reliable with BB for me as well... you can clean them after every outing if it helps you feel better about leading - but IMO it's a non issue. Factory Glock barrels can have a difficult time stabilizing 230s (Double tap) - usually the 220s are fine but shoot into paper to confirm they are not key holing, 200s for sure are gtg.

OP
D
So shooting 200 grain hard casts out of the g20, which spring would y'all upgrade to? 20 or 22 lbs?

Another option for you would be a Springfield Armory xdm 10mm. Ive been running one for 4 years now. Probably shot a total of 40 ish buffalo bore hardcasts and havent ever had any issues. Most ive shot in succession was 5 at a badger.

If you're looking for a 10mm for bear defense id have a hard time not recommending an xdm. Mine has a grip safety which is super convenient for self defense. They do come with a long heavy trigger but for $150 you can get a much better drop in.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I can’t speak to BB ammo…

I’ve got almost 700 rds of underwood and Double tap 200g hardcast through my stock G20- not one malfunction And not one cartridge with any signs of overpressure.

I did one run of 370 rds checking it every 50 for leading in the barrel- slight discolor after that many rds ( and dang that hurts the pocketbook, I have more $$$ into ammo than the gun purchase but I wanted to be sure)

Then I shot some 180g fmj and that pretty much cleared that discolor out of it. HC ammo is a harder amalgam…its not a true lead bullet. That was many years ago and the HC now is lubed which is even better. I would not worry about the stock Glock barrel….buddies on the other hand that have rebarrelled and tinkered with their G20’s to ‘make them better’ and they have had FTF issues. Many in fact had to send them to gunsmiths to get tuned.

Mine is bone stock except for upgraded sites. I tried a SS GR in it but its no advantage either way. It could be my favorite Glock pistol.

Glocks do take a lot of ammo down the tube to appreciate them…and they shoot better after 1,000 rds.

Tweak it at your own peril…Glock and HK knows what they are doing.

Last edited:
OP
D
Anybody have any experience or opinions on the Springfield xdm?

I handled one at the store today and it didn’t feel too bad. The trigger definitely felt better than the g20.

Rich M

WKR
1911 will absolutely not always cycle, I had two different 45's that rarely ever got a full mag out of without a problem. There's nothing superior in design reliability to a 1911 over a Glock.

I bought a colt and polished the feed ramp some. Love that thing. Found some sensitivity to army surplus magazines but the two that came w it are spot on.

Not a glock owner, but i’d fix any issues and expect years of reliable service.

OP needs to learn how to shoot handguns and see what he can handle instead of just getting the latest and greatest.

JRS3

FNG
I have a stock, Gen 4 G20 (added better sights) and have had no issues with BB 200 & 220 grain bullets. Same goes for Double Tap 200 and 230 solids.

Thunder17

FNG
Classified Approved
I have the xdm elite 3.8 in 10mm. Great trigger, very accurate, and haven’t had any issues with the ammo I’ve put through it(Buffalo Bore, Underwood, and several other brands). I actually conceal carry it every day now. Out of the few 10s I’ve shot, the xdm elite is my favorite. Highly recommend it.

Another option for you would be a Springfield Armory xdm 10mm. Ive been running one for 4 years now. Probably shot a total of 40 ish buffalo bore hardcasts and havent ever had any issues. Most ive shot in succession was 5 at a badger.

If you're looking for a 10mm for bear defense id have a hard time not recommending an xdm. Mine has a grip safety which is super convenient for self defense. They do come with a long heavy trigger but for $150 you can get a much better drop in.

Must have been a hell of a big badger…. In all seriousness love my XDM 10mm

Must have been a hell of a big badger…. In all seriousness love my XDM 10mm
He had to be pushing 30 lb. Big ole guy
02436cd41125c793c123badf5015602f.jpg

Beendare

WKR
OP needs to learn how to shoot handguns and see what he can handle instead of just getting the latest and greatest.
Great advice. That was me many moons ago...I was a terrible shot with a handgun...and hated Glocks. Now after a few thousand rds., I like them.

I took some live fire training classes [which BTW, is about as much fun as a guy can have in a day] and did a lot of draw and shoot at my buddies ranch, run and gun on steel plates, plus I probably dry fire practice 2,000 trigger pulls a year while watching sports. It took me awhile to get past the 'Bang'

I'm no great pistol shot...but I'm comfortable drawing and shooting pretty quick and fairly accurate.

This- below- is One of the best videos I've seen on Pistol shooting

FWIW, the title is deceiving

Last edited: