10mm's that can handle Buffalo Bore

Looking at purchasing a 10mm sometime soon, but having a hard time deciding on which pistol to buy. I'll admit, I'm not a pistol guy and don't know much about them other than how to safely use and operate them. When it comes to models, specs, capabilities, quality, etc, I know nothing.

I was looking at either the Rock Island Ultra or Glock 20...

In speaking with a salesman at a gun shop, he had said that the GLock 20 gen 4 and prior could not handle Buffalo Bore ammo. This got me thinking. If I plan on running that ammo, what 10mm pistols out there can handle those loads safely?

I will step in to say that there is a view that using the polygonal rifling of glock gen 1-4 barrels with lead ammo could cause excessive fouling that could result in some leading issues with high volumes of fire. There is also an issue with polygonal barrels imparting spin on lead ammo, etc. It’s a rabbit hole. Google it.

The gen 5 barrels are rifled differently and have potentially less issues with lead. Gen 5 10mm s are a thing but I havent seen or shot one.

I don’t know that rock River gun, but have a personal preference for striker fired semi auto over 1911 pattern guns. Simplicity, reliability, etc. the rock is 40oz while the glock is 30oz.

IMO - I would by a gen 5 g20 and call it a day. I have a gen 4 g20 that I put. A KKM barrel in and don’t plan to upgrade.

Wrench

WKR
It's the smiles that will freak you out. *if you had a slightly weak piece of brass, seated a bullet deeper....etc*, a g20 barrel support will never make you feel good about it. Will it burst and blow the whole magazine? There's stories of it happening....but they are on the internet, so validation is rough.

A 10mm with 180/200's at pressures that won't make you nervous is still PLENTY stout for anything you're going to shoot with a pistol.

fatbacks

WKR
My Glock 20 gen 4 will not fire the buffalo bore ammo. Malfunctions every 4-5 shots. Now I run a lone wolf barrel and still have malfunctions with that ammo.

All other ammo seems to work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Glock 20 gen 4 will not fire the buffalo bore ammo. Malfunctions every 4-5 shots. Now I run a lone wolf barrel and still have malfunctions with that ammo.

My Gen 3 G20 and Gen 4 G29 both run Buffalo Bore loads just fine.

Something is either wrong with your gun or your firing grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking at purchasing a 10mm sometime soon, but having a hard time deciding on which pistol to buy. I'll admit, I'm not a pistol guy and don't know much about them other than how to safely use and operate them. When it comes to models, specs, capabilities, quality, etc, I know nothing.

I was looking at either the Rock Island Ultra or Glock 20...

In speaking with a salesman at a gun shop, he had said that the GLock 20 gen 4 and prior could not handle Buffalo Bore ammo. This got me thinking. If I plan on running that ammo, what 10mm pistols out there can handle those loads safely?

The Glock 20 is going to be more reliable in adverse/dirty conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rclouse79

WKR
I am shooting P+ underwood ammo out of a glock 20. I did have to buy a stiffer spring for it to cycle them, but it works fine now.

sacklunch

WKR

2 Different barrels....hate to breakout to you, it's not the ammo. Try griping it like you mean it.

Wrench

WKR
The grip sensitivity is one thing I dislike about the glock. A 1911 will always cycle. A glock is VERY sensitive to grip.

1911 will absolutely not always cycle, I had two different 45's that rarely ever got a full mag out of without a problem. There's nothing superior in design reliability to a 1911 over a Glock.

I've had a G40 and now a G20, both dumped tons of 200gr Underwood hard cast many times in rapid fire drills and never even sniffed a problem. I put a KKM barrel in it for good measure and better accuracy and ran all the same drills with the same results. Very accurate hitting plates while moving and triple tap drills and great mag dumps. I'm 100% confident in it now.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Lone wolf barrels are trash. Get a KKM.