10mm's that can handle Buffalo Bore

Anybody have any experience or opinions on the Springfield xdm?

I handled one at the store today and it didn’t feel too bad. The trigger definitely felt better than the g20.
Fits my hands well unlike the Glock. Liked the 10 (XDM Elite Compact) so much that I picked up the same in 9mm.

TheGDog

WKR
Underwood's loading of Lehigh Extreme Penetrators seemed to shoot fine out of my G29. And I'm in CA so it's not even latest/greatest Glock models out here.

Torrent50

FNG
Been running a G20 with a Delta Point Pro for years. Fired more Underwood 180/200/220 thru it than I can count and every single time I have pulled the trigger it has gone bang. Trusted it as my duty weapon for several years as well. Only shot a few BB thru it, but it worked fine for them too. Just preferred the Underwood, so I stuck with that.

If it fits, it shoots. Love my 10mm’s. There is no different SAAMI spec from original and no SAAMI “+P” designation. I have had and still have several 10mm and load my own cast and shoot them in everything I have including my G20sf, XDM, Sig P210, Delta, Etc. My favorite is the P210. I see a FN510 in my future as well.

Earlier Glocks had “weak” chamber support that would stretch the brass and creat “smiles” in the brass. If it’s one time shot virgin brass, I never worried about it.

Lots of internet here-say and horror stories. I look at it as just that.

TheGDog

WKR
OMG I recently checked out a regular ol' M&P 9mm as the LGS, and the trigger was HORRIBLE! I'd seen people describe triggers as "Gritty" before and never understood what they meant. Now I do.

So I ask you guys.. are ALL the M&P triggers bad like that?? I mean I was shocked at how bad it was!

TkeeneMT

FNG
Glock 20 g5 plan on running only BB for bear woods.
-no issues yet at the range
Had any issues thus far shooting BB? How many rounds have you roughly shot thru with it BB ? I just got my g20 gen 5 yesterday looking to snag some BB. I was at a gun shop here in Montana and the guys said the guy who designed BB tested it in a stock Glock barrel.

Had any issues thus far shooting BB? How many rounds have you roughly shot thru with it BB ? I just got my g20 gen 5 yesterday looking to snag some BB. I was at a gun shop here in Montana and the guys said the guy who designed BB tested it in a stock Glock barrel.
You will be fine for occasional shooting and carrying. Just clean your barrel every once in awhile. I've shot prolly 100 or so hardcast out of my g20.

Underwood coated is also good.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

TkeeneMT

FNG
You will be fine for occasional shooting and carrying. Just clean your barrel every once in awhile. I've shot prolly 100 or so hardcast out of my g20.

Underwood coated is also good.

Ya next time my local store gets their yearly truck load of BB I’m probably going to look for the 190gr if I can find them. I’ll look to shoot a box thru and as long as it functions good I probably won’t ever shoot BB thru it again unless I’m trying to stop a bear. I’m also running the stock gen 5 barrel.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
The Glock 20 is the absolute gold standard of 10mm pistols. It has been around forever, and it runs like a sewing maching. I have had my Gen 4 since they came out. I have fired a variety of ammo out of it including Underwood and hot hand loads, and it has never malfunctioned. I also have a Glock 40 and a 29, and both are great, but in my mind the 20 is the best all around. Mine has been out west with me numerous times, and it is a veteran of many, many hunts.

I bought a Colt Delta Elite a few years ago. It was a POS. Pretty, but it never made it through 50 rounds of any ammo without a malfunction. I tried Chip McCormick and Wilson mags. I tried various ammo. Nothing worked. I sold it at a loss, and went back to my Glock 20. Lesson learned.

It is not recommend to shoot soft lead bullets through a Glock factory barrel, but hard cast is fine.

TkeeneMT

FNG
The Glock 20 is the absolute gold standard of 10mm pistols. It has been around forever, and it runs like a sewing maching. I have had my Gen 4 since they came out. I have fired a variety of ammo out of it including Underwood and hot hand loads, and it has never malfunctioned. I also have a Glock 40 and a 29, and both are great, but in my mind the 20 is the best all around. Mine has been out west with me numerous times, and it is a veteran of many, many hunts.

I bought a Colt Delta Elite a few years ago. It was a POS. Pretty, but it never made it through 50 rounds of any ammo without a malfunction. I tried Chip McCormick and Wilson mags. I tried various ammo. Nothing worked. I sold it at a loss, and went back to my Glock 20. Lesson learned.

It is not recommend to shoot soft lead bullets through a Glock factory barrel, but hard cast is fine.
Ya I grew up with glocks. I always say you either love them or hate them. They aren’t the prettiest but dang do they function reliably. I always heard you couldn’t shoot lead thru stock Glock but seems times or thoughts have changed. I live in Montana so it will be a staple for me when I’m out and about. When I can get some BB I will probably look to get the 190 gr and stay away from 220 even tho I’m sure it’ll be fine. After I shoot a box of bb thru my Glock I’ll just okay it safe and get some lead remover cleaner to run thru it a few times. Again after that I probably won’t have to worry about it. BB is too spendy to shoot regularly

I have shot thousands of 180gr cast WFN through my G20. Proper sizing and lube in the key. Sized Too small or too poor a lube and you’ll get deposits. The Glock has polygonal rifling which is the “concern”.

TkeeneMT

FNG
I have shot thousands of 180gr cast WFN through my G20. Proper sizing and lube in the key. Sized Too small or too poor a lube and you’ll get deposits. The Glock has polygonal rifling which is the “concern”.
Ya I figure one box of BB to make sure it functions properly will be fine then get some lead cleaner and scrub it good. Next time I shoot lead would be at a bear so

Ya I figure one box of BB to make sure it functions properly will be fine then get some lead cleaner and scrub it good. Next time I shoot lead would be at a bear so
You will be totally fine. Shoot into paper or cardboard and make sure you are not keyholing - but most videos I have seen and testing I have done, the 200-220s are ok with factory, but any heavier and they won't stabilize and will keyhole.

TkeeneMT

FNG
You will be totally fine. Shoot into paper or cardboard and make sure you are not keyholing - but most videos I have seen and testing I have done, the 200-220s are ok with factory, but any heavier and they won't stabilize and will keyhole.

Ya I’ve watched a few where some 230 gr non bb tumble. The bb seemed to be fine. The 190 will just be as more of caution then anything so

JD Jones

WKR
As others stated, keep it lubed and clean. No issues. I went BB and trust it will go boom and get the job done should I ever need it. Underwood I’m sure is good too.