Zero range for inline muzzleloader

I just got a CVA Kodiak pro with a vortex 3-9 with the bdc reticle. Any advice on zero range to use the hash marks for longer ranges. I want to be able to shoot 50yds-150yds
Thanks!

OP
Muleyobsession1
Thanks for your help. Another question, I see most guys are using bh209 powder, I can’t find it where I live for cheaper than 90$ for 8oz. I have used pyrodex sr in the past. If my muzzy is a magnum would 100grains by volume be a safe charge? Im thinking I will try the no excuses 420gr

Thanks for your help. Another question, I see most guys are using bh209 powder, I can’t find it where I live for cheaper than 90$ for 8oz. I have used pyrodex sr in the past. If my muzzy is a magnum would 100grains by volume be a safe charge? Im thinking I will try the no excuses 420gr
I wouldn’t mess with Pyrodex. Find some Triple seven.

Wildone

FNG
Bite the bullet on the bh209 for right now it’s worth it. if and when it comes back down you can load up. In my accura I run 75 gr weighed charges with a hornady 300gr 50 cal SST sighted at 100. This load will clover leaf in my gun. Last three deer have been taken north of 165 yds. Dialing the dope has been spot on with the Nikon calculator and hash marks. Sounds like a school bus hitting a watermelon on impact.

Powder valley has bh 209 for 70 right now.

I also backordered a swfa 3-9 for my cva while they're on sale, that way I can range and dial solutions just like my other rifles. I'm not a fan of bdc, especially in a second focal plane scope.

I was having issues finding it as well. I ended up finding it at Walmart, 2 different stores, for $55. Might be worth checking out.