Zeiss goes woke???

Trial153

WKR
Zeiss hasn't addressed this either. Why is that? Takes all of about 5 min to draft a release and explain their position. So far I haven't seen them release anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Their position on what ? A bull shit, likely contrived email posted on Instagram by a blog compromised of political hacks and paid for by a bunch of scum bags that profit off the discord they sow?
Sounds like a waste of five minutes.

180ls1

WKR
It looks to me like they're just trying to be careful their own advertising isn't used against them by anti-hunters/gun groups. I don't require a company to go on a crusade in order to buy their stuff.
Yeah, its interesting to watch all the hate. I dont think I've ever seen it from someone who actually ran/runs a business because they get it.

ODB

WKR
Don’t know them or own them. I have become very skeptical of anything like this. So many smear campaigns going on. These things get out and do immediate damage. Might just be some pissed off marketing dipstick. Until the CEO makes a statement I’d probably not concern myself with it.

You could call Barton Dobbs to vet. He’s director of sales USA.

0116CBC7-C325-44EC-A77A-89B1FC6F5650.png

sneaky

"DADDY"
Their position on what ? A bull shit, likely contrived email posted on Instagram by a blog compromised of political hacks and paid for by a bunch of scum bags that profit off the discord they sow?
Sounds like a waste of five minutes.
You this bitter all the time? You know they've been asked about it, isn't that hard to say "this is or isn't our official position". It's really not that hard.

This wasn’t caused by Zeiss and it wasn’t made public by Zeiss.

If it’s even true is was caused shit stirring D bags who published it for their own profit with the motivation to cause discord and discontent in the community. It should tel you more about the Blog/ Instagram group and who funds it then about the company.
This^

I don’t understand why we should be outraged that a manufacturer of quality hunting optics wants their advertising to portray hunting and shooting in a positive and socially-acceptable light.

It is much more likely that I my level of interest in click-bait outdoors blogs will even further approach zero.

Once again, hunters and shooters are our own worst enemy.

Last edited:
You this bitter all the time? You know they've been asked about it, isn't that hard to say "this is or isn't our official position". It's really not that hard.

Jr owns part of Feild Ethos. It’s about being a republicans based company. Hence the political hack comment.

Some people think Neil Young is an actual conservationist and hunter and Jr. is not.

Mean while the Durham report is interesting

Ucsdryder

WKR
This^

I don’t understand why we should boycott a manufacturer of quality hunting optics because they want their advertising to portray hunting and shooting in a positive and socially-acceptable light.

It is much more likely that I my level of interest in click-bait outdoors blogs will even further approach zero.

Hard to disagree with this point. I’ve watched plenty of YouTube videos of tacticool, bro hunters that made me shake my head. Sounds like ZEISS doesn’t want that type of “hunter” promoting their product. Hell, now that I think about it, I might like them more than ever.

180ls1

WKR
This^

I don’t understand why we should be outraged that a manufacturer of quality hunting optics wants their advertising to portray hunting and shooting in a positive and socially-acceptable light.

Well said. This is a fundamental problem when we see things "as they should be" rather than "how they are."

Sure, in a perfect world we should be able to post photos that are a bloody mess (or whatever) but that's just not tactically smart, like it or not.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
It seems like this list is just a guide for bringing influencers on board with a consistent marketing plan. It seems they want marketing focused on adult hunters and long range shooters. Should companies be forced to advertise bloody grip-and-grins with kids and ARs or something?

It seems like some people are just waiting for the next outrage, and hit the cancel button pretty quickly. But hey … it’s the off-season so…

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I read it as avoiding military camo and sticking with hunting camo, fwiw.
You’re probably right, but the “military pattern/camo” could go either way, and the average SM user won’t know the difference between a military camo and hunting camo.

Zeiss’s Official Response:​

In response to the inquiry regarding our support in the industry and vaccination mandate:

With more than 115 years of history in designing and leading optical product innovation for hunting and shooting, ZEISS has a long-standing position in this industry. It is part of the heritage of our Company. We remain fully dedicated to our continued support of Hunting and Shooting sports.

ZEISS actively promotes the culture and passion of responsible hunting. We have always respected and supported ethical hunting, game management, and wildlife conservation, and we will continue to do so.

As with any responsible global brand, we have internal guidelines of how we as a company communicate with our customers and consumers in all fields of business. This concept is clearly defined, unambiguous, and has remained unchanged in place for many years.

The post and comments on social media addressing our internal, confidential Social Media content approach, pertain only to ZEISS employees and representatives. No aspect of our guidelines for our employees or contractors pertain to personal accounts, or your customers’ personal social media accounts or pages. Our internal brand guidelines in no way impede or restrict anyone – or any organization’s ability, to post or share any content – whatsoever. We fully respect individual freedom in this space.

Regarding your second topic concerning the safety of our employees and customers, ZEISS decision to implement a vaccination mandate was originally driven by the obligation as a Federal Contractor. While we respect the rights of our employees around the world to make informed health care decisions, ZEISS is also a company that has supported medical science consistently over its 175 year history. Our diverse Business Units continue to support the medical, optical and research communities, including involvement in the creation of the Salk Polio vaccine. ZEISS firmly believes that the safety of our personnel, customers, and our community is best served by being vaccinated against COVID-19