Your Top FIXED blade BH

The broadhead I've killed the most game with so far is the Crafted Archery Aero 1 150gn. It's been my go-to for about 12 months or so, I believe. I like it a lot and it kills everything pretty quickly when the shot is placed right but the same can be said for stacks of broadheads.

Likely going to use the Extract 150gn once I use up the last of my Aero 1's in my compound. They look like they'll be a great head for me.

The Kayuga Pilot Cuts in 125gn were great killers as well.

Will likely go between Crafted Archery Coverts or Extracts in 200gn on my trad bows shortly.

I've had good luck with the Slick Trick Viper Tricks for the last few years. I've also had good luck and good flight with the Magnus Stinger 4 blade. My son shoots the Magnus Black Hornet with great luck as well.

I've seen that claim that you need a bigger hole...but then I've shot 2 blades and those tapered 3 blade designs for decades and I've seen so many critters go down quick...and in sight...I don't think the size of the hole has much to do with it.

I do think effortless penetration without them feeling the shot...and 2 holes seems to give me the best results.

I think there's just too many factors involved on a blood trail.

A mechanical cutting a big hole, hitting them like a baseball bat and they run like their tail is on fire. They might be loosing 3 times as much blood per second as a small 2 blade, but when they are covering ground 8 times faster, blood trail is gonna seemingly suck.

I do agree the small efficient heads tend to cause the animal to not spook as bad, causing them to hang around, or only jump 20-30 yards then ponder what was happening.

Usually it seems an animal is on its feet with mobility for 20-40 seconds, sometimes on their feet longer but no gas to go anywhere.

Past 7-10 years I think I have lost one big game animal with a bow, it was a small cut on contact, hit a little further back than I would have liked. Had blood, but lost it, never did find it. Best I could tell it was liver, I can't help but think a bigger hole would have helped.

Even with mechanical heads, a fair number of animals I have been able to stick a second time after they do the wtf jump/dash.

Everyone has their experiences that takes over their beliefs.

WCB

WKR
I'm going back to the good ole' 100gr Standard Slick Trick for 99% of my hunting. Been shooting Rocket Steel Heads, RAD Rivals, Dead Meats, and a couple other here and there the last 6 years or so (mostly the Rocket Steel Heads).

I started shooting the Standard Slick Tricks in college and killed piles of game with them...then maybe got bored and just started trying different heads. 90+% no issues with really just little stuff that bugged me. Just got back from a Moose hunt in Alberta. Got lucky and killed a good bull Moose and a nice 6x6 elk with the Slick Tricks and along with me just shooting really well this year, the heads just plain old worked. Blew through the Moose at 28ish yards. Shot the elk decently quartering to me at 40yards and buried up to the fletching. Hit him right in the crease of the shoulder both lungs, liver, and stuck between his last rip and hip on the far side. Bull went 200ish on a dead run and died...good as blood as to be expected with a single hole 1/2 up the body. The Slick Tricks just plain work.

My top 2 fixed heads:
#1 Standard Slick Trick
#2 Viper Trick

I shoot mainly 50-90 yards.

S.Clancy

WKR
I think there's just too many factors involved on a blood trail.

A mechanical cutting a big hole, hitting them like a baseball bat and they run like their tail is on fire. They might be loosing 3 times as much blood per second as a small 2 blade, but when they are covering ground 8 times faster, blood trail is gonna seemingly suck.

I do agree the small efficient heads tend to cause the animal to not spook as bad, causing them to hang around, or only jump 20-30 yards then ponder what was happening.

Usually it seems an animal is on its feet with mobility for 20-40 seconds, sometimes on their feet longer but no gas to go anywhere.

Past 7-10 years I think I have lost one big game animal with a bow, it was a small cut on contact, hit a little further back than I would have liked. Had blood, but lost it, never did find it. Best I could tell it was liver, I can't help but think a bigger hole would have helped.

Even with mechanical heads, a fair number of animals I have been able to stick a second time after they do the wtf jump/dash.

Everyone has their experiences that takes over their beliefs.
The big 2.0"+ broadheads definitely get the animals sprinting after the hit. But they die so freaking quick. The animals that run the farthest have been antelope, and they barely make 100-125 yds