your good (or not so good) customer service interactions of late

I have always had good experiences with Airguns of Arizona since I have many airguns along with powder burners. They are the Sports Match dealer here in the U.S. so the Tikka T3X folks can get their rings from them easily if in stock. They say it's the Tikka guys that clean them out quickly.

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I had an iffy one with Sheep Feet over the last couple weeks. And I'm sure there's a reason behind it because I've heard nothing but good elsewhere.

I ordered a pair, got em and liked them. I used a flex spending account through my job to pay for them and since I liked them so much I ordered a second pair to burn out the rest of the cash sitting in the flex spending plan before my deadline. When I did, the flex spending account personnel denied the claim, and since I didn't NEED a second pair I tried to get ahold of SF to have the order cancelled. I emailed both their email addresses, called both numbers listed numerous times...nothing. Dead silence. When I did get a call back the guy was super helpful and told me to call back today. I work nights, so when I woke up around 3 I saw an email that said my order couldn't be refunded because it had already been delivered....after about .5 seconds of thinking about it I realized they were looking at my initial order. Cool, I sent them the correct info and showed them the proper invoice. They did eventually approve the refund and cancel the order, which I know they didn't have to do and I'm very grateful. It was just rough trying to get ahold of them and all. That said when I was able to, they were helpful.

I will say that the insoles are phenomenal.

CRJR45

WKR
This place was great to work with and the brake looks awesome . Called and talked to the lady , she helped me choose what brake I wanted , they machined it and I had it in four days .

Macs Gunworks

Trial153

WKR
Sent a release into Stan for a repair and I have new one returned to me in less then a week.

h2so4

WKR
Staccato 2011- I bought a USED model C (discontinued) and had trouble cycling. I called the tech support and they requested I do a warranty claim- even though I wasn't the original purchaser. So I send it in. 10 days later (with email updates in between) they called and said they were going to send me a new pistol. They removed my red dot installed it and sighted it in on the new pistol that had more expensive options!
To say I'm happy is an understatement.

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
A little off the topic of outdoors but Toyota hasn't been the best as of late. I had a blind spot monitor sensor go out while I was going down the highway. Its under warranty so I took it in. They tried to tell me my truck was in an accident. I bought it new and its never been in a wreck, there isn't any evidence on the bumper to indicate it was wrecked. They wanted ~$1700 to fix it. After taking it to two dealers and getting told they wouldn't cover it, I put up a Google review and got the owners attention the next day. Got a voicemail from the Service Manager in December saying the part would be in in January and they would fix it. Crickets ever since, they won't return my voicemails, tomorrow begins April...... Guess I can go back to Google and leave another review to get the owner's attention again.

mtmiller

WKR
I have bothered Stone Glacier a couple times in the last few months and they have gotten back to me within a day. thumbs up

Had an OnX issue and they got back to me the next day. Still working on it, but appreciate the assistance. thumbs up

Had questions for Kifaru about adjusting a pack I currently had and they responded immediately and later sent me pictures on how to make adjustments. thumbs up

Idaboy

WKR
Exo gear...needed old components for a K2 and they went out of their way to help, even though it's an old phased out bag..stand up outfit there at EXO!

arrowjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
My wife and I talk often about how bad customer service has gotten post pandemic. It's like they just used it as a continued excuse for poor performance. With that said most of my great customer service experience lately have come from hunting companies. Kifaru and the GoHunt team come to mind.

JP100

WKR
Kuiu
Recently had the outer of my 3 season tent destroyed(by birds). No fault of the tent.

I contacted kuiu to purchase a new outher fly. They have recently updated the model, and the newer ones are not compatible with the older model.

So they sent me an entire new tent free of charge.

Pretty awesome service and well above what is necessary

nobody

WKR
Another big 👍👍👍 for @Kurt and the team at Stone Glacier. Needed a new pack last fall and wanted an Evo 40/56 and a Krux Evo frame (straight stays). They were out of Krux frame sheets, but rather than telling me to kick rocks, they offered to install straight stays in the X Curve frame sheet, as long as I was ok with the color differences. I didn’t care, so I gave them the green light. I got a shipping confirmation 20 minutes later. Bag and frame got from Bozeman to Central Utah in less than 48 hours.

After using the bag all season, it became clear I wanted just a tiny bit more organization. I loved the frame, but started looking at bags. Decided on the Sky 5900, but it was only available with the lid and I already had a lid. So I called them up and got Ryan on the phone. I explained the situation, and he deducted the cost of the lid from the bag so I wouldn’t have to buy anything I didn’t need. He then asked me if I needed anything else. This was on a Tuesday or a Wednesday, and I was leaving on a cruise on Friday. I asked him if there was anyway they could hold the bag and ship it in a week when I got back, because I didn’t want it sitting on my porch in a snowstorm the whole time I was gone. He responded with “I’ll do you one better. If you pay the minimum $11 shipping fee, I’ll make sure it comes before you leave.” That was at about 2 PM. I had a shipping confirmation within a half hour, and it said a delivery date would be provided shortly. I didn’t check it again later than night. At about 11:00 AM the next morning, I had a notification that a package from Stone Glacier had been delivered. Less than 24 hours from their door to mine.

Between this plus answering lots of random setup and gear questions, I’m a stone glacier customer for life.

On another note, I’ll second the slow descent into mediocrity that Sportsmans Warehouse is experiencing. Around me, I’ll drive past 2 sportsman’s locations to get to Cabela’s before I give Sportsman’s any money. At least Cabela’s has stuff in stock.

rbljack

WKR
Im from west texas and have been looking at Upland vests for the last few days. I narrowed the field to the Marsupial line and the Final Rise line. Called both companies and was able to speak to a person and get questions answered. Nothing wrong with the info I got from the marsupial customer service at all. BUT....I called Final Rise next and the person that took the call was Matt himself. Very informative, understands backpack hunting, easy to talk to and provided in depth and honest responses to my questions. He designed the vests he sells based on his real world experiences in the field hunting.

After the initial phone call.....I researched more on their website and plan to do an second call once i get close to deciding on my vest....but its going to be Final Rise Summit system! Thanks to Matt for the call and the info!

Again...marsupial was good too, but I just think that large upland bag might be a little TOO cumbersome.

The other thing that sold me on the Final Rise is the ability to carry a dog in the vest in case of an emergency.

This thread is about customer service, and I can now say I have had top notch customer service from a few companies in the outdoors industries that led (or will lead to definite purchases : Kifaru (I have to bags/frames, and a sawtooth from them) and Final Rise (upland vest purchase in the near future).

Another company i will mention here is Exo. Although I haven't bought a pack from them, I dealt with Steve when he was with S & S archery and bought a spotting scope and tripod from him after a few phone calls to discuss different options, price points etc. I can also say that they have replied to numerous comments within the youtube videos they make answering questions etc. I would not hesitate to buy from them either and may just pick up that K4 frame/pack this year for my son if we draw an elk tag!!

Last edited:
My dreaded customer service story from Cabelas. I needed a new pair of sunglasses so i went into my local store bought a pair from the sunglasses hut kiosk, picked out a pair of Costa’s with the glass lenses and life was good. We’ll today my toddler grabbed them off the kitchen counter and dropped them on the laminate floor. No big deal i put them back on the counter out of reach. When i went to wear them this afternoon the gouges in one of the lense were so bad. Still no big deal there not even a month old I’ll just go exchange them at the store.

Get to cabelas and the sunglass hut employee gives me the sucks to be you we cant return or exchange them. So i pressed him a bit more asked for the store manager and still got the go suck a big fat one we can’t help you.

Anyone know how Costas warranty program is? The other pair I’ve had for 4 years I’ve been meaner than hell to and they didn’t even scratch like that.

I really mean it now that I’m never shopping at Cabelas again. I should of went down the street to Scheels and bought them there, they wouldn’t of even gave it a second thought. Ugh!!! Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
Im from west texas and have been looking at Upland vests for the last few days. I narrowed the field to the Marsupial line and the Final Rise line. Called both companies and was able to speak to a person and get questions answered. Nothing wrong with the info I got from the marsupial customer service at all. BUT....I called Final Rise next and the person that took the call was Matt himself. Very informative, understands backpack hunting, easy to talk to and provided in depth and honest responses to my questions. He designed the vests he sells based on his real world experiences in the field hunting.

After the initial phone call.....I researched more on their website and plan to do an second call once i get close to deciding on my vest....but its going to be Final Rise Summit system! Thanks to Matt for the call and the info!

Again...marsupial was good too, but I just think that large upland bag might be a little TOO cumbersome.

The other thing that sold me on the Final Rise is the ability to carry a dog in the vest in case of an emergency.

This thread is about customer service, and I can now say I have had top notch customer service from a few companies in the outdoors industries that led (or will lead to definite purchases : Kifaru (I have to bags/frames, and a sawtooth from them) and Final Rise (upland vest purchase in the near future).

Another company i will mention here is Exo. Although I haven't bought a pack from them, I dealt with Steve when he was with S & S archery and bought a spotting scope and tripod from him after a few phone calls to discuss different options, price points etc. I can also say that they have replied to numerous comments within the youtube videos they make answering questions etc. I would not hesitate to buy from them either and may just pick up that K4 frame/pack this year for my son if we draw an elk tag!!
You're going to love that final rise. I bought one last year and it's so comfortable. At first I wanted one because the bag stays open for ease of getting the bird in. But it carries shells and water so well you don't even notice them.

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
I am currently in the process of repairing an older raft and building a frame of fishing/hunting. I have been purchasing miscellaneous parts and equipment from NRS. Their customer service has been fantastic. Everyone I have talked to has been super helpful and knowledgeable.

FullValue

Lil-Rokslider

missjordan

"My dreaded customer service story from Cabelas. I needed a new pair of sunglasses so i went into my local store bought a pair from the sunglasses hut kiosk, picked out a pair of Costa’s with the glass lenses and life was good. We’ll today my toddler grabbed them off the kitchen counter and dropped them on the laminate floor. No big deal i put them back on the counter out of reach. When i went to wear them this afternoon the gouges in one of the lense were so bad. Still no big deal there not even a month old I’ll just go exchange them at the store.

Get to cabelas and the sunglass hut employee gives me the sucks to be you we cant return or exchange them. So i pressed him a bit more asked for the store manager and still got the go suck a big fat one we can’t help you.

Anyone know how Costas warranty program is? The other pair I’ve had for 4 years I’ve been meaner than hell to and they didn’t even scratch like that.

I really mean it now that I’m never shopping at Cabelas again. I should of went down the street to Scheels and bought them there, they wouldn’t of even gave it a second thought. Ugh!!! Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FullValue

Lil-Rokslider
Man I'm not sure that's a customer service issue if it wasn't a defect and it was caused by the customer
Maybe I'm wrong. I know there are a few companies that do a no fault warranty but that seems a bit much to ask a store to replace when the damage was caused other than a defect. Kinda like buying a vehicle driving down the road crashing it and expecting a new one. I'd contact Costa maybe they can help.

Just had a great interaction with leupold.

I own a pair of pro guide bino’s. In 8x42 and 10x42. The exit objective lens covers on the 8x42 feel off last year while hunting. Lost one on day one. Lost the second on day three of the trip.

I just got off the phone with leupold concerning how loose these covers were on 8x42’s before I donated them to the mountain. He explains they’ve got a slightly new design on those objective covers and proceeds to send me three sets of them. One for each bino and a back up pair. All at no charge.

I thought that was really nice. No matter the lens cover Is the only weakness these bino’s have, I still lost my original pair. So, I’m pretty happy with their eagerness to fix that issue with these updated versions. On their dime.

I’ve spent several thousands of dollars on leupold products over the last 2 years. From scopes to bino’s, to spotting scopes. This helps confirms it was the right company for me.