Your first deer rifle?

Elkhntr08

WKR
I was a poor blue collar guy with a new family when I found a Remington 788 carbine in 243. Mounted a Bushnell scope on it and killed a truck load of deer and coyotes with that rifle. It was amazingly accurate for a cheap rifle.

Grizz208

FNG
Marlin 30-30! I love seeing that was other peoples first rifle as well. So many great (and a few sad) memories with that rifle.

Pre 64 Win mod 94 chambered in 32 win special 10 years old dad came home one day and laid out a new rem760 30-06 game master with a Leupold scope told me to go get the 32 laid them side by side said pick one I took the 32

BJKfly

FNG
Winchester lever action 30-30 with a peep site! Lucky had the opportunity to buy it from our family friend who let me use it as a youth. Shot a lot of deer with it. Short and punchy for Northwoods Wisconsin brush hunting.

DSchliep

FNG
I grew up in S.E. Minnesota so shotgun only. My first was a 12 ga 870 wingmaster. I hunted ducks, pheasants and deer with it. Moved to Montana 20 yrs ago and bought a Winchester model 70 7mm rem mag. Hunt deer, elk & antelope with it.

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Mine was a Savage 170 in a 30-30 caliber. My Dad used to "steal" it from me to hunt in Pa. after the first week of deer season in WV. Pa. had a restriction against semi-automatic rifles and Dad's gun was a Remington 742 30-06 semi-automatic rifle. But my son broke it when he fell asleep in a tree stand and woke up and kicked it out of the stand and broke it in half. I heard it hit the aluminum ladder up to the stand a 1/4 mile away and started laughing until I saw that the gun was broke. It wasn't really that good of a gun, but I killed my first whitetail with it.