YOUR favorite all purpose jacket

_MountainBum

WKR
Classified Approved
Jackets -

I’ve owned the gen 1 jetstream, the kuiu axis hybrid hooded jacket, the firstlite uncompaghre, etc, and still feel like I’ve been searching for a good all purpose, mid-late season Montana jacket.

What are your GO-TO’s and why?

bcjoe

FNG
I’ve ran the old timberline jacket for years but just bought the current jetstream generation. It is now the the go to, it has pit zips to vent when I’m pushing up the hills, I can put a down vest underneath when it’s cold and windy. If it’s freezing I can put the puffer over top and use the jetstream as a midlayer. My partner runs the SG Dehavalin jacket and he says it’s pretty close to the jetstream in design.

Solm

FNG
I recently purchase a Columbia rain jacket for a trip to London & Paris in September. I bought the "Splash a Little" and just love it. I live in the PNW and will get good use out of this jacket through the year, along with traveling. It folds up pretty small and has nice lines to it, not as boxy as some rain jackets. I just wore it yesterday while sitting outside with a bit of chill in the air, had a sweater underneath and I was plenty warm. I wore it recently in a downpour and it's waterproof claim held up. The other nice thing about this jacket is that it is a little longer than my other waterproof rain jacket which just goes to my hips. My new jacket will look nicer in the city and my longer tops will be covered. When I read the reviews, people mentioned to size up and I am glad I did. I usually wear a medium, but the large fits well, especially with layers. I ordered through Zappos, so knew I could return if I needed another size. Some reviews stated they got wet wearing it, but many other reviews were pleased with the waterproof quality. Couldn't be more pleased with this purchase. Good luck on your jacket hunting.

H80Hunter

WKR
I’m a Wisconsin boy, no Montana experience but I have and love the FL Catalyst. I wear it for all sorts of outdoors activities from October to about May here. I’ve cut trees in January with it, turkey hunted in it, tracked countless deer in it. Just a super comfortable jacket to wear for a lot of things. I’ll go from a merino base under it to a base layer, fleece and puffy vest in winter. Love it.

RWT

WKR
River west original fleece. This has been my jacket for 20’years. 100% wind and waterproof. Removable hood, pit zips, longer shirt tail tall collar. Only downside is it is slightly heavier than I would like. Large enough to have a puffy under it

Their website and advertising is terrible. Good gear but poor business management