You Ready?

Just a thought for both of you guys and any other smaller men or women, the Exo Mountain pack is awesome for smaller people. The frame is 100% adjustable to any torso length. Just change belts for different size waists.

Im pretty unhappy with the current weather report but unless its impossible to get in or stay in, Ill be after them hard!

Look forward to her review AKMAN. I am a little taller (5'3 and women's size 6 boots) but I can certainly commiserate. I haven't hunted with the KUIU pack, but have run it on a number of summer backpack/packraft trips and been pleased with it overall.

Best of luck and look forward to the trip and gear reports!

cb7db973122966d0f22a40b3a78e4565.jpg

Looks toasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks toasty

Can't complain about that forecast... wish mine looked like that.

The long term forecast for most of the state next week is damp or wet though. Forecasts being forecasts... it will be what it will be.

W. Alaska Range, Chugach and the Brooks supposed to be the soggiest. Guess we all find out next week.

Stid, why ya been such a stranger? Haven't seen ya on any of the forums much....

Like a fart in an elevator,, I'm still hanging around. :) Not doing much to scribe about these days,, besides, it is fun watching all the youngsters getting it done!! I plan on some armed camping soon, so maybe.

Are you going solo or was your other party member able to make arrangements to join you? Also, when are you headed in?

Are you going solo or was your other party member able to make arrangements to join you? Also, when are you headed in?

The Army had other plans for hunting partner, but was lucky to find a coworker who jumped on the chance to go!

The Army had other plans for hunting partner, but was lucky to find a coworker who jumped on the chance to go!

Good deal, I'm glad you found someone although, I really didn't think you would have too hard of a time. I probably won't see or talk to you before you go so good luck, and spank one of those 40ers" that's running around up there.

I'm ready, got a few butterflies leaving the jobsite yeasterday knowing I wouldn't be back for over 2 weeks. Just got to get a wedding out of the way this weekend. Only question mark for me right now what to bring for a puffy. Was planning on 2 lightweight down puffy's but with the forecast scratched that idea. Debating between a Kifaru lost park at 26 oz or a ghost whisper and montbell synthetic a a combined 22 oz. The lost park is stupid bulky, warm and heavy. The other combo is not as warm packs smaller and more versatile.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I was in DCUA yesterday and creeks weren't high but low ground held water. I saw about a dozen rams but all were too far for accurate judging.

I'm ready, got a few butterflies leaving the jobsite yeasterday knowing I wouldn't be back for over 2 weeks. Just got to get a wedding out of the way this weekend. Only question mark for me right now what to bring for a puffy. Was planning on 2 lightweight down puffy's but with the forecast scratched that idea. Debating between a Kifaru lost park at 26 oz or a ghost whisper and montbell synthetic a a combined 22 oz. The lost park is stupid bulky, warm and heavy. The other combo is not as warm packs smaller and more versatile.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I would take the Kifaru hands down. Being cold just plain sucks. I have watched my hunting partners do pushups on the side of a hill trying to stay warm. Yep they're lightweight all right, lightweights in the cold too.

204guy,
If you stuff the Kifaru Lost Parka into a compression sack or dry bag it packs down relatively small. Mine's going with me for sure this year.

Good luck to everyone out there...stay dry and safe.

Back