so my buddy won a Dall sheep hunt

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I arrived in Fairbanks for my Dall hunt, got an unexpected text from my buddy that he won a Dall sheep hunt in the Yukon and that he was heading up there in a couple of days. He had about a week to get ready- pretty short notice :D

What's funny is I borrowed his rifle hard case and he offered up any of his Swaro optics (has a pretty impressive collection) as he wouldn't be needing them at all. I didn't grab any of his optics (lucky for him!), but his rifle case was long gone with me- not sure if he borrowed or bought a new one.

He killed a Dall about 10 years ago in the NW Territories w/ his dad, so this won't be his first. I got to talk to him on the phone when I got home while he was waiting for his charter flight to camp. He was pretty excited, despite the short window to get ready. Said he humped a 60# pack for a week in the hills, but was not nearly prepared as we would normally be.

He enters almost every sheep raffle that is offered up and obviously it paid off.

Anyways, I think I might steal that page from him and start entering myself :)

When I arrived in Fairbanks for my Dall hunt, got an unexpected text from my buddy that he won a Dall sheep hunt in the Yukon and that he was heading up there in a couple of days. He had about a week to get ready- pretty short notice :D

What's funny is I borrowed his rifle hard case and he offered up any of his Swaro optics (has a pretty impressive collection) as he wouldn't be needing them at all. I didn't grab any of his optics (lucky for him!), but his rifle case was long gone with me- not sure if he borrowed or bought a new one.

He killed a Dall about 10 years ago in the NW Territories w/ his dad, so this won't be his first. I got to talk to him on the phone when I got home while he was waiting for his charter flight to camp. He was pretty excited, despite the short window to get ready. Said he humped a 60# pack for a week in the hills, but was not nearly prepared as we would normally be.

He enters almost every sheep raffle that is offered up and obviously it paid off.

Anyways, I think I might steal that page from him and start entering myself :)
You can't win, if you don't enter. I won the <1 Club hunt at Sheep Show and would not have won, if I wouldn't have gone to Reno. That is the main reason that I went was to up my chances a little more and it paid off.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can't win, if you don't enter. I won the <1 Club hunt at Sheep Show and would not have won, if I wouldn't have gone to Reno. That is the main reason that I went was to up my chances a little more and it paid off.

Congrats!

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
Another 🖐️winner here too! I’m in every, single Sheep raffle no matter what. Won a Dall hunt last year and killed a dandy in AK. Little bit of money to enter so many, but overall odds are still a little better than trying to draw as a NR (which I’ll continue to do as well).

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats! Nice to see some folks on here winning :)

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
Great to see people winning sheep hunts! A good friend of mine is on his way to northern BC right now to go on a stone hunt that he won. He also won an Alaskan dall hunt in 2017. He's obviously a lucky dude. I get into every stone raffle that I can find. At the current cost of a stone hunt I figure that's pretty much the only chance I have of completing my slam.

jt4

WKR
What happens in these raffles if they don’t end up selling all the tickets?

Where are you guys finding all these? I don’t want to miss an opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a "sheep raffle" folder in my gmail, and went back through old receipts and then went to the websites of those organizations. Right now Im not seeing any others besides what's in this thread. Should be more popping up in the Spring though

Here's a few to add to the links posted by Doc above. Most WSF chapter raffles will be posted/updated by February or March: