You have one shot, one broadhead….

dtrkyman

WKR
You can not deny the accuracy of a SEVR, virtually no exposed blades, those style heads are most accurate!

OP
L

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
No, I just use the broadhead on Axis 5mm. I don’t see a need to make it more complicated or expensive…never had a problem with the setup. As I understand it, they’re slightly more brittle than the Iron Will but won’t rust like the IWs do.
You using HIT standard, brass, ss, weight?

CB4

WKR
Iron Will Solid 125 or Grim Reaper Micro Hades Pro 125

Mechanical Never Again - on elk

Maverick1

WKR
Specifically for Elk - if you had to choose one broadhead for one shot, what are you taking? I say that because I feel like some broadheads might not be as effective for resharpening as others, yet more lethal initially.
Everyone is missing the point. Pun intended. Just a bunch of random brand names thrown around. ;)

The proper criteria is a cut on contact broadhead, properly tuned, which has the same point of impact as field points, out to the shooters maximum effective range.

P Carter

WKR
You using HIT standard, brass, ss, weight?
Standard HIT. My arrow is super simple: Axis 5mm, the "realtree" edition off Camofire, which is a bit heavier than the typical one, in .300 spine, standard nock, 3 blazer vanes, total arrow weight 505 grains. 125 grain Day Six Evo. 70 lb Bear Escape bow. Passthrough at 25 yards broadside, follow-up shot passthrough at 60 yards. The follow-up was slight quartering to and pretty steep downhill; entered high on the neck, exited just below the offside shoulder.

TheViking

WKR
Exodus is hard to beat.

Iron Will is awesome too - smaller holes though. (standard size)

Kudu is also a great head.

Iron Will beats Exodus on flight past 50-60, but the Exodus is no slouch, just needs proper fletching (taller vane i.e. Max Hunters)

I'm very picky about blade sharpness - Iron Will SB is super easy to get razor sharp, just use a flat stone and a strop.

The replacement blades of the Exodus pass my 'test', so it's nice to just be able to swap them out and not have to do any sharpening.

Kudu is a pain in the ass to sharpen, I have went away from them because of that. I got the hang of it eventually, but it's still a pain.

nphunter

WKR
G5 Dead Meat for me! I've killed my last 3 bulls with one and they are awesome, I was shooting Trypans prior to that but don't like the collars when busting brush all day. I've had zero issues with the Dead Meat and they are super durable as well, I've been able to reuse 3 of them after killing elk with them and you can't even tell which head was used and which was new.

This one went though a 4 point buck last fall.
F3BFDD2C-EB41-4F0F-B39E-3137D328ADC5.jpeg

This one went through my bull this fall. Might even be the same one for all I know.
EDDE186F-6764-4FF4-9609-C5ABF25A8CC7.jpeg

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
Iron will solid or Kudu . Both 125.

I guess some guys have had a problem sharpening both of these. It's never been an issue.

And they don't seem to get damaged very easily.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

MThuntr

WKR
125gr Magnus Stinger w/ bleeders

Started messing with Crimson Talon Cleaver 150gr single bevel. These are only $29 per package compared to $100+. They were disappointingly dull upon arrival but some time with a tool got them razor sharp. Need new arrows before I can give them a true test