You have one shot, one broadhead….

sndmn11

WKR
How have your blood trails been with these on elk? I grabbed a pack along with a few other brands and have been testing over the past 2 months. Really like the cutthroats -- quiet and group well -- have killed several elk with IW's but looking for something that will produce a better blood trail.

No clue! I should have an archery tag this year to try them on live animals.

I know they fly easy.
I know they get sharp.
I know concave beats convex.

Most importantly I've seen oodles of wound dissection from the Clums and Alex. I shoot them every chance I get. With the small cube broadhead targets we have at the club and angle of long shots, any bottom half of the target shots end up with the broadhead in the dirt behind. I know I can beat them up practicing and then swing by and get them reground in a few minutes.

@KickinNDishin will be using the 100gr for phorn this year, and I have the 125gr for elk. I do still like the 2 blade cutthroats.

johnw

FNG
Appreciate the feedback! Will have to see if I can find more info on their wound dissection. Durability seems great.

WBrim

WKR
I like getting ideas of what work well. First elk I shot with my bow (I had no idea!!) was with a grin reaper white tail version- like a 2” diameter 3 blade expandable. Far from ideal. But it worked. Popped the lungs and it was no trouble to blood trail.
Here’s hoping (newer) people can read up better than I did tho!!

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
For a 4 blade - yes, in my book. And the steep angles of the blades - that’s a big part of it.
In my experience these do not penetrate that well. I switched to the Grim Reaper Micro Hades with better results. Steeper blade angle and wicked tip goes deeper!

N2TRKYS

WKR
In my experience these do not penetrate that well. I switched to the Grim Reaper Micro Hades with better results. Steeper blade angle and wicked tip goes deeper!

I shot a buck last year with the Micro Hades 3 blade and was not as impressed as I thought I would be considering what my research told me. It was an example of one, but it was enough for me to go back to the Thunderhead 100s.

my one shot this year was with a rage trypan - and that will be the go to moving forward. those suckers are seriously strong, and my impression from sharpening them is that the blades are much harder than the QAD exodus.