Year Round Pack Use

Colo4x4XJ

Lil-Rokslider
Out of curiousity who uses their fancy pants hunting backpacks year round for other sports? I got a Solo last spring and I have started to use it more and more for skiing and mountaineering. Anyone else reaching for their Stone Glacier, Kifaru, Exo, Paradox, Kuiu,etc packs for things other than hiking/hunting?
Thanks in advance

I use mine year around. In the spring it gets more miles and weight put on it during shed season than it does during hunting season. In the summer it gets used for fishing trips.

Jon Boy

WKR
Mine are used year round. hunting, guiding, snow shoeing, work, fishing, traveling, camping etc there's some sort of big game season going on in montana 9 months pit of the year any how.

amp713

WKR
I have my back pouch filled with some emergency gear and clothing and it goes with me when i take the jeep out but i also use my highcamp year round

I don't just limit my year round use to just packs, if I am going to use it for hunting, it will get used for everything. It's too expensive to just use for one trip, once a year for my lifestyle.

Elk Dog

FNG
I use my Blacks Creek Canadian year round. Good capacity and plenty of pockets to organize my gear.

Great question. My kifaru duplex T1 is my go to year round when carrying anything over 40 lbs which ends up being backpacking and hunting as well as weekly training hikes / snowshoeing with 50-65 lb loads. I use black diamond packs for skiing, climbing and speed solo mountaineering (all loads under 40 lbs).

Lawnboi

WKR
I backpack a lot, so yea.

Fishing, hiking, shed hunting, scouting, plain old backpacking, traveling, hunting all things I use my kifaru packs for.

RamDreamer

Lil-Rokslider
I use my packs year round as well, along with a lot of my other hunting equipment. I agree that we pay such a premium for quality equipment that it is a waste to only use it for a few weeks or a couple months of the year.

Stid2677

WKR
I do,, try to train with mine as much as I can.

My little buddy like a ride now and then. Kifaru EMR II

PB170458_zps09c782cb.jpg

EXO frame only

Spring shooting as a rifle rest.

P6160473_zps7bf10245.jpg

Likes to go fishing too.

P6180481_zps59052a0f.jpg

Jon Boy

WKR
I don't just limit my year round use to just packs, if I am going to use it for hunting, it will get used for everything. It's too expensive to just use for one trip, once a year for my lifestyle.
I'm pretty good/bad at this. I have $500 boots that are in great shape but all of my street shoes are falling apart. I have 3 shirts that aren't hunting related etc.. I guess my priorities are in the wrong/right place haha

charvey9

WKR
I use my Stone Glacier any time I need a pack, but can't really think of many other times I need a pack other than hiking/hunting in the woods.

When I went up to Alberta for my fall bear hunt, I used it as my carry on luggage to carry the few personal items, change of clothes, and a few other things like my binos, camera that I needed. It saved me a piece of checked luggage, and was then able to use it as the pack for my hunt.

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
That's a cool way to utilize the pack, alukban. I just ordered my paradox Evolution, pretty excited to use it! Is that their coyote color packbag I see?