Wyoming residents want first chance at leftover big game tags

go_deep

WKR
I've honestly never understood why a NR shouldn't have to burn their PP on a second or third choice tag.

CoStick

WKR
Man, you were doing so well. For one, that is called a “comma splice”. Either a conjunction, a period or a semicolon should be used between those two clauses. Secondly, there shouldn’t be a space after “recipient”. If we are going to continue I’ll have to insist that you pay a minor tutoring fee.
Typing on a phone with larger hands, but I do appreciate the help.

Bobbyboe

WKR
I've honestly never understood why a NR shouldn't have to burn their PP on a second or third choice tag.
You’re telling me people would burn a point or two or three for a 2nd choice region f or x deer tag? Come on man! Not to me to mention a lope tag in a unit with minimal public land. Not gunna happen.

BuzzH

WKR
You’re telling me people would burn a point or two or three for a 2nd choice region f or x deer tag? Come on man! Not to me to mention a lope tag in a unit with minimal public land. Not gunna happen.
Yes, or people with no points. Demand is out pacing supply. Point creep is worse when people can accrue a point AND hunt every year on a second or third choice.

tdhanses

WKR
Have you looked at the number of NR applications? Somebody would apply for it.
And what extra cash? Doesn't matter which NR buys the license, same amount of money in the end.
Cash diff from Res to NR, yes a few would but no most wouldn’t if it meant points.

tdhanses

WKR
Yes, or people with no points. Demand is out pacing supply. Point creep is worse when people can accrue a point AND hunt every year on a second or third choice.
Hard to say, how many with 0pts drew a tag the prior year or are starting fresh with a group that has more points and willing to apply as a group, big assumption NR would still flock to these, my guess is a few would but most wouldn’t.

I guess maybe someone with 0pts would if they could still buy a point in the fall, no reason to even put in for the draw with 0pts for a general tag, just buy a point later.

Don’t forget, I only think in terms of elk.

go_deep

WKR

So even if a few of those region tags don't get drawn in the first draw, they'll get picked up in the second draw by someone without using pp's.

tdhanses

WKR
So even if a few of those region tags don't get drawn in the first draw, they'll get picked up in the second draw by someone without using pp's.
In the current process, yes, but doubt they would if it took their points or meant they couldn’t buy a point in the fall or maybe they are residents. Possibility they are NR with private land access as well.

go_deep

WKR
In the current process, yes, but doubt they would if it took their points or meant they couldn’t buy a point in the fall or maybe they are residents. Possibility they are NR with private land access as well.
What's funny in life is how many times I've heard about something new or seen something new and went, that'll never work, then been proven dead wrong.
Every single one of those tags would be sold weather in the first draw or the second draw, or as a leftover, they'll all be gone, guaranteed.

tdhanses

WKR
What's funny in life is how many times I've heard about something new or seen something new and went, that'll never work, then been proven dead wrong.
Every single one of those tags would be sold weather in the first draw or the second draw, or as a leftover, they'll all be gone, guaranteed.
I agree but maybe more so to residents which is perfectly fine.

LostArra

WKR
Can someone give me some real numbers? Why are non-residents getting 75% of buck pronghorn tags?
Are these tags in downtown Laramie? Or just private land that residents won't pay to trespass?

cgasner1

WKR

100% they would all sell but sooner or later they would hit a left over list and you’d be in the same boat as now. I do really like the idea would be interesting to see how it played out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuzzH

WKR
Can someone give me some real numbers? Why are non-residents getting 75% of buck pronghorn tags?
Are these tags in downtown Laramie? Or just private land that residents won't pay to trespass?
Game and fish page...look at the draw odds.

cnelk

WKR
Based on the new monies set aside to help the mule deer population, it looks like there will be more leftover cow tags available as they are competing for the same habitat and want to reduce elk numbers.
At least that’s what Kevin Monteith said in the recent news release.

204guy

WKR
Unit 16 antelope which is 1 pay some attention too. Any resident could have drawn 1 of these tags had they applied. As I said above this is a social problem.

550 any antelope tags.
179 to R
371 to nr
67.5% issued to nr.

Rinse repeat in any of the less desirable units throughout the state.